Daily My 365 - All from my new phone

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I have decided to do a second "365". I originally did one in 2008, which can be seen on Flickr here.

This will be slightly different to my last in that every photo will be taken on my new phone. An Orange Monte Carlo. This is partly for ease (I can upload a photo wherever I am) and partly so I can have a bit of fun learning my new phone and playing around with some of the photography based apps now available.

Hopefully some of these photos will be creative and fun, but a good number of them will also just be a snapshot of what I have been doing that day. My best photos (from my digital SLR) will still be uploaded to my Photoblog.

Anyway, the first photo, seems fitting that it should be the first photo I took with my new phone, a picture of the box :p

2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-11.jpg

EDIT - I had originally planned to do this 365/6 from my birthday (on the 21st December) but I didn't end up getting the new phone until the 23rd, but nevermind I thought! I can just do 365 ending on the 22nd, the day after my 30th to nicely round things up.....but then I found that on one day (the 28th) the photo I had taken was immensely rubbish, so I decided on the 1st of Jan to start fresh. Looking back today I realised I could just re-shoot the crap photo (still with the phone) and I wouldn't be cheating myself too much. So a bit of jiggery-pokery and I have now sorted it so it started on the 23rd (when I actually finally got the camera)

Also need to sort out re-sizing before uploading, as that just looks ever worse :p

EDIT - sorted for this one at least ;)

Well it looks like this could be an interesting POTD to follow, but don't forget this year be one of those jumping kind that so hopping mad it has an extra day, I'm looking forward to see the images and ideas progress as you learn how to get more out of the phone (y)

Best of luck in the challenge (y)

Matt

2/365

Christmas Eve - the obligatory baubles on the Christmas Tree shot
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-2.jpg

3/365

Happy Christmas! - Our neighbours cat came to visit and managed to get herself tangled in a nice blue bow

2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-31.jpg

4/365

The traditional village Boxing Day visit to the pub.
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-4.jpg

6/365

Today was the last day my sister was up with us, so we decided to play a family game. We played PIT - a pretty fun, but slightly random game.
(This photo is a slight cheat as all the ones I took on the day looked horrific when looking back, so I re-created this later in better light).
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-61.jpg

7/365

Road Trip! Taking my sister back down south after Christmas.
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-6.jpg

8/365

A day of planning and sorting, mainly it involved working out what to do with one part of my photography business www.CravenCards.co.uk over the next few months.
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-8.jpg

9/365

New Years Eve - spent infront of the telebox watching the fireworks in London
(not as fun as my new years shot on my last 365!)
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-9.jpg

10/365

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(Taken a few moments after yesterday's shot - the neighbours cat really in the spirit of things)
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-10.jpg

11/365

Rain, rain and more rain - we don't seem to have had a single day in December with no rain
Today was no exception, but I went out for a bit of a walk in a dry spell.
2011-12-365-A-Photo-A-Day-111.jpg

For anyone confused as to the sudden appearance of 11 photos - see the edit in the first post :) all should be back on track now....though there is something clever that is supposed to update this thread from my blog, so it could all get a bit random when that updates :|

Sadly I have given up with this, just too busy and to be completely honest the camera on that phone is shockingly bad :) I was tempted to turn it into a regular 365(6) but just haven't the time in a day to take any photo worthwhile, which is a shame.

All the best to everyone still going :) keep at it, it is worth it in the end!

Sadly I have given up with this, just too busy and to be completely honest the camera on that phone is shockingly bad :) I was tempted to turn it into a regular 365(6) but just haven't the time in a day to take any photo worthwhile, which is a shame.

All the best to everyone still going :) keep at it, it is worth it in the end!

That's a shame :( do you want me to take you off the list of participants on the 366 sticky, though of course as a mod you can just do it yourself (y) I understand your reasons, I don't think that you would have got any enjoyment out of producing substandard images.

I've mused the idea of a post one photo a day type challenge, as I'm sure if your anything like me when you go out to take photo's you will take lot's and many just sit on the hard drive, so you could do a challenge where it's not all about when the photo was taken but posting a photo for each day of the year, a good friend of mine posts photo's to flickr at least 1 a day all of a very high standard but some of from ages ago from his library of photo's :D

Matt

Back