Daily My 365 - SW3105

Name
Sharmaigne
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Evening! I haven't posted for a long while, no excuses. But, a few days ago, I decided to begin my own 365 project. I've always had a camera in hand, I was bought a Nikon D3100 last Christmas and part way through the year decided to actually learn how to use it. My new 365 is a project for me to further my learning, and to be creative - my usual subjects are my daughters, so it's about time the camera was used a bit more technically!

I've already completed week 1, so, I'm going to post all of those on this post and re-visit each day with my new offerings! For my own reference, I've put the camera settings onto the picture comments on Flickr, I'm beginning to become more automatic in my choice of settings which is an improvement for me.

And will take part in forum discussions too :) Promise!

Day 1

1 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 2

2 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 3 - This is a self portrait and I know that my face is underexposed, will revisit the self portrait in future.

3 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Next 4 to follow :)

Continued;

Day 4

4 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 5 - I'm not very pleased with this image, I don't think it was anything technical at all, was trying to capture the reflection in my daughters eyes ..

5 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Next 2 to follow

Continued ...

Day 6

6 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 7 - This is the first one that I've really post processed - I use GIMP - I can't afford any more than free :) But this is exactly what I pictured when I set up this picture

7 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

And so I've caught up .. Hope that these are ok, and look forward to reading any critique / advice - we all have to start somewhere!

Thanks for looking.

Evening all! Hope you've all enjoyed the snow :)

Day 8 - Nene Valley Railway in Peterborough

8 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 9, This is not one of my best by far, I wanted DoF, but have got far too much in this and it's messed up. But, it's about the only picture I took yesterday. I spent most of yesterday evening baking my daughters birthday cake ...

Cakebutterflies by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 10, I've taken so many pictures today, what I wanted to do didn't work out so I set this up instead.

Bracelets by Anouk2011, on Flickr

I love day 8 it works really well but I think that it needs a little CCW rotation, all told some really interesting images so far in this thread (y)

Matt

Thank you! I love Day 8 too! I kept looking at it and even got a ruler out to check it out before I posted it :) I think that it looks overbalanced because of the heavier tree line. I'm enjoying this photography lark!

Thanks again

I like the DoF on day 9 (y) maybe a touch too shallow but not a lot ;)

Thank you! I love Day 8 too! I kept looking at it and even got a ruler out to check it out before I posted it :) I think that it looks overbalanced because of the heavier tree line. I'm enjoying this photography lark!

Thanks again

I'm basing my thought on the line of the bridge in the distance and the verticals on the right (y)

Photography is a great deal of fun and TP is great for helping you improve, I know it has helped me loads (y)

Matt

Good Evening!!

I didn't take any photos at the weekend, we went on a day out with the charity that we assist with - a childhood cancer charity, didn't feel right to take the camera out when we were there, but LOTS of fun was had!

Day 11 - I'm trying to get into childrens portrait photography and I got a cracking shot of this boy, everything was perfect, his smile, the light, the photo was awesome! Mum was very pleased .. I just snapped this pic of him playing, I should ideally have adjusted the exposure bias but I thought more about getting the moment :)

DSC_2104 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 12 - This was fun!! :)

DSC_2134 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 13 - Because candles are easy. Allegedly. I had to build a house around me to stop any breeze coming through!

DSC_2233 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 14 - Hmm - guess you can make a photo of anything :)

DSC_2256 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

I like the DoF on day 9 (y) maybe a touch too shallow but not a lot ;)

I'm basing my thought on the line of the bridge in the distance and the verticals on the right (y)

Photography is a great deal of fun and TP is great for helping you improve, I know it has helped me loads (y)

Matt

Thanks for the comment on day 9 - I was really worried about that one. I was up until 1am sorting that cake and so needed to get a shot in!

You know - you're right actually! I didn't look at it like that, I was focusing on the horizon line! :bonk:

I love photography, it's a family joke that I always have had a camera in hand, I feel personally that I have the eye for a composition but I didn't really know much technically - was always a sort of set up and shooter (as opposed to a point and shooter) My best moment so far was getting snow to look right, in previous years, my snow has been too white and the sky completely wrong, this year I feel much better about my snow pics.

Thanks for the comments :)

Some more ..

Day 15 - I couldn't find a willing (or able) person to do a hand heart so had to be a little inventive :)

15 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 16 - I like this one for Depth of Field - I love pictures like this

16 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

Day 17 - My first attempt at a water droplet, and the first time I use the camera in full manual mode. Although a little dark, I am really happy with this result - I will re-visit when I get my new f1.8 lens!

17 by Anouk2011, on Flickr

3 great images since my last visit though that last one needs a fair old boot up the PP ass to really get the most out of it, I'd up the exposure and saturation to really bring out the colours (y)

Gotta love the chicken and the egg :LOL:

Matt

Thanks Matt - I did edit that waterdrop picture as you suggested, came out much nicer! I'm going to try again at some point for sure .. am still experimenting ;) Thanks for your comments!

#15- Haha very clever lol, two nice rings you have there...

#21- I recognise some of the papers in there, just been photographing a load of handmade cards for someone I know who does them too.

Good start to your 366 and keep it up!

Back