My 366 - COMPLETED!! WOHOOO!!

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
As I mentioned in a thread a few days ago. I have decided to try and make myself get out with my camera more. I am going to try my best to take, process and upload one photo EVERY day. I havent really set myself any rules apart from that, as the more I think about it, the harder it is going to be. I might give up if I end up posting shots of stuff on my desk :(

Anyway, I am going to keep it all in this one thread. Please don't feel you have to comment on each photo. This is just here so that I know I have people that will shout at me if I dont post one day :p (and please feel free to shout at me....and leave a comment if you like)

So, Day 1:

I was up in Edinburgh for the new year/hogmanay party and managed to get a press pass. Which thankfully was really needed to get anywhere decent, that would give me any sort of shot. I drove home in the early hours and got home about 5am, so not feeling in the best of moods for processing shots today.

This photo was taken shortly after midnight (so just today, though almost 48 hours ago) and it is suppose to show Edinburgh castle with fireworks going off all around it, the weather (and some dubious firework placing) made it a slightly different shot though. So now it is more a smokey, slightly messy shot. But annoyingly one of the very few usable shots I got of the fireworks (and one of the very few shots I took after midnight as it became something of a stampeed). I do quite like it though, and you can see some of the castle, though not the nicely framed bit of castle I had all set up just above the tree.

Nice start.

Good luck, I wish I am as brave as you, this will be difficult without ending up with a lot of indoor shots of coins or house pet. :p

Good luck getting one a day, thats a good one to start the ball rolling :)

Thanks everyone :)

and KLSphoto I only just scraped in with a few minutes to spare :p almost forgot!

Excellent start to a rather brave endeavour! :)

Yep, Best of Luck guys and look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Day 2:

Taken on Skipton High Street earlier this evening. I took a few shots up and down the street. I was planning light trails etc, but the road was amazingly quiet, so I changed my plans.

Last edited:
Day 3:

I love snow, and I woke upto this view from my bedroom window. I have been out taking plenty of snowy pics already, but it is my mums birthday so I doubt I will get chance to process any of those today, so this one is todays shot :)

Last edited:
Ah love it! im so sad we didnt get even a trace of snow :(

It would be really nice to get these printed at the end of the year, and write a little blurb about each one - how you took it (settings etc), where you were, why you like it, etc etc.
I'd buy it!

Hmm, thats an idea. Not sure how many people apart from you would buy it, and don't know if it would come accross egotistical, will see how the other 353 shots go :p

Ah snow, I'm so jealous! Still nothing but grey skies and gales down my way.

Ah love it! im so sad we didnt get even a trace of snow :(

Seems we were lucky with the snow :) it's still snowing now :D so might have go get some more shots in a bit.

Day 4:

I recieved this as a Christmas present (obviously not in this state). So thought I would make it all up, as I haven't had a hot chocolate for ages! It also gave me a chance to try out some simple still life type photography again.

:D Tasty.

Like the lighting on the last one, and the crispness of the snow shot, pit about the man-hole covers though.

Just noticed on your flickr, your set is titled " Daily Updates (356 & Blog) ". Should it not be 365 & Blog or have i missed something :thinking:

Just noticed on your flickr, your set is titled " Daily Updates (356 & Blog) ". Should it not be 365 & Blog or have i missed something :thinking:

hehe thats just me trying to be organised, it is the collection that is called "Daily updates..." etc, with the 365 set in there and soon shots from my blog in another set inside there too.

hehe thats just me trying to be organised, it is the collection that is called "Daily updates..." etc, with the 365 set in there and soon shots from my blog in another set inside there too.

Not sure but I think Chillimonster was trying to say you have the '6' and the '5' transposed Jimmy ... :shrug:

A great start to your self-imposed ordeal m8 ... :eek: ... a braver man than me ... :cautious: ... and many others I expect ... :D

Good luck with it ... (y) ... and although I absolutely detest snow I have to say your early morning shot is pretty damn cool ... ;)

:p

Ah! lol I re-read it like 10 times to check I wasnt missing something :p My brain really isnt switched on today :|

Well Jimmy, I think you have made a grande start to this thread so far, so congrats for that and keep up the good work. Im loving the look of the hot chocolate, its making me want a mug now!!

Day 5:

Not a great photo technically, but I have been meening to try something like this for a while. Also I haven't been upto much today, pretty much doing as pictured!

Just realised the wide angle has made my TV look tiny :p Its just a bog standard 15" portable thing, but looks silly in this picture (and no I wasn't just watching a white image)

Day 4:

I recieved this as a Christmas present (obviously not in this state). So thought I would make it all up, as I haven't had a hot chocolate for ages! It also gave me a chance to try out some simple still life type photography again.

oooh nice!! makes me want to curl up by a log fire and drink a large hot chocolate!

I have also set myself a similar challenge, I started it yesterday though as I have been busy with family and away from home for a few days. Instead of making a thread though, I have decided to keep a photoblog. :) It's in my sig! :p

I have also set myself a similar challenge, I started it yesterday though as I have been busy with family and away from home for a few days. Instead of making a thread though, I have decided to keep a photoblog. :) It's in my sig! :p

I am in the process of make a blog, but I am going to use that for more 'pro' shots, and sets of shots from events I attend etc. This is just for a bit of fun, so kept it in this thread and on flickr :)

Back