weekly My 52 portraits on film

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Okay, let's kick off 2012 with a portrait of my better half.

6636784651_8cb0a2a724_z.jpg

I'm really looking forward to pushing myself to shoot 52 portraits this year on top of my regular work. I may have to wait a week or two between posting up, as I develop my own film.

Wishing you all the best for 2012, happy shooting!

(y)

Danny

Marvellous - good to see another 52 portrait thread!

Really like your first post - pin sharp on the eyes and good tones in the skin / hair. Like the pose too although crop is maybe too tight for some people's liking.

Good work all the same - here's to the next 51

Spooks

Great 1st image Danny, look forward to seeing your 52, it's certainly a challenge, 52 is hard enough but 52 portraits even tougher. good luck.

Marvellous - good to see another 52 portrait thread!

Really like your first post - pin sharp on the eyes and good tones in the skin / hair. Like the pose too although crop is maybe too tight for some people's liking.

Good work all the same - here's to the next 51

Spooks

Hey Simon,

Thanks alot for the comments mate! Great to see another Portrait 52, and I just spotted you're local, well, both in Herts!

Best of luck fella, looking great so far :)

Dan

Great 1st image Danny, look forward to seeing your 52, it's certainly a challenge, 52 is hard enough but 52 portraits even tougher. good luck.

Thanks alot matey :) My 52's gonna be a little random timing wise, to minimise developing hopefully, but keep checking up I'll try and maintain some sort of momentum lol :bonk:

And 52 Portraits is tricky with one back :bonk: I may resort to using a polaroid back when I have client shoots, not ideal. Must buy another soon (y)

A very nice start to your 52 Danny
The tight crop works very well
Looking forward to your next posting.

A very nice start to your 52 Danny
The tight crop works very well
Looking forward to your next posting.

Hi Asha,

Thank you kindly :)

Most of my portraits are quite tight, I like the intimacy of tight portraits and I shoot quite a bit of beauty, so it's kind of my comfort zone I think :)

That is a lovely image. The black and white and crop suit it very well. ook forward to seeing the rest. (y)

Hi Michael,

Thank you also for the kind words, working with black and white film is a bit of a challenge for me, I'm so used to working with colour, thinking in tones and textures is way different. I think I'm getting used to it a bit more now though :)

I'll have more up soon, just have to wait till I have adequate amount of film to do a batch of developing!

Thanks again all (y)

Danny, c'mon, at least get this back on track. Keep shootin', you know you have the passion.

Back