My 6th photoshoot, the return of the newbie

Name
Benson
Edit My Images
No
My sister's friend who I never met needed some photo done. The brief is Rock Chick but I think that did not went the way she wanted, it ended more like fashion? My last thread was about a photoshoot went not so well in the park involving the police, this time we did it in the safety of my own home as it was p***ing down all day.

My front living room is tiny and Model is 6"1 which makes taking full length shot a nightmare. Marina was such a joy to work with even tho she had not much modeling experiences, over all we all happy.

IMG_5405crop.jpg IMG_5310.jpg IMG_5344.jpg

I really like her eye make-up in the first shot but maybe it's only the leather jacket shot that says rockchick? No matter, they are all fine photos that show a real engagement between model and photographer and you are right to be very pleased with them. (y)

They're a really good set of images, good makeup, styling and she looks great so close to be amazing. The first and last scream rock chick to me.

The first one the eyes look a bit soft and the pupils are huge which may be contributing to the appearance of softness. That tight a crop needs better skin processing and evening the colour on the lips in post.

The second is great but that type of dynamic pose can't help feeling the jacket looks a bit flat, if you'd managed to get her to get some movement in the coat it would have been awesome.

The last image is the best for me, great lighting and really fits the brief, only downside is she has a bit much tension in jaw making her look a bit uncomfortable and as if she's waiting for the ok to get her hair off, a bit of a laugh or a more natural expression behind the hair would have made it amazing again slightly better dodging and burning on the skin would help it.

I don't mean to be negative, they're far better than what I shoot but just feel they're so close to being incredible.

I really like her eye make-up in the first shot but maybe it's only the leather jacket shot that says rockchick? No matter, they are all fine photos that show a real engagement between model and photographer and you are right to be very pleased with them. (y)

Not sure we know what we are doing but I was expecting some rip jeans or tight pants, she came with nice skirt and dresses which is nice but not rock? Lesson learnt and will be better prepared next round.

Attractive lady, nice shots :clap:

She is really pretty and that helps creating pretty pictures.

They're a really good set of images, good makeup, styling and she looks great so close to be amazing. The first and last scream rock chick to me.

The first one the eyes look a bit soft and the pupils are huge which may be contributing to the appearance of softness. That tight a crop needs better skin processing and evening the colour on the lips in post.

The second is great but that type of dynamic pose can't help feeling the jacket looks a bit flat, if you'd managed to get her to get some movement in the coat it would have been awesome.

The last image is the best for me, great lighting and really fits the brief, only downside is she has a bit much tension in jaw making her look a bit uncomfortable and as if she's waiting for the ok to get her hair off, a bit of a laugh or a more natural expression behind the hair would have made it amazing again slightly better dodging and burning on the skin would help it.

I don't mean to be negative, they're far better than what I shoot but just feel they're so close to being incredible.

the first picture was a crop of a portrait, I should have done a close up shot of her eyes but didn't. Again, lesson learn and will make sure we cover all bases while we have the model on display :p . It was really awkward to have her doing standing up shot, she is already 6"1 and with 2 inch heels she is already reaching the top of my backdrop rail, she really wanted to try some stretched out poses standing up and nearly knocked over my chandelier. We will definitely do it again but next time we will do outdoor with props so we "giants" can roam freely lol
I really need to learn how to touch up on lips, may be some youtube video will show me how to even out the colour or even lip gloss.

Thanks for the reply guys, really helps

I'm pretty sure phlearn had a video on lips/makeup retouching. They're not to bad to do usually just work out what your fixing and use multiple layers if needed. Id probably start with a curves layer masked in and maybe brushing on a colour blend mode later. Frequency separation can be quite effective for that type of fix as well painting between the high and low layers.

I'm pretty sure phlearn had a video on lips/makeup retouching. They're not to bad to do usually just work out what your fixing and use multiple layers if needed. Id probably start with a curves layer masked in and maybe brushing on a colour blend mode later. Frequency separation can be quite effective for that type of fix as well painting between the high and low layers.
IMG_5405croplipedited.jpg
Thanks for the pointer to the lip fix, done the high/lo frequency separation. Not easy to do but I guess it will be once I get used to the logic behind each step rather than trying to remember them.

View attachment 66211
Thanks for the pointer to the lip fix, done the high/lo frequency separation. Not easy to do but I guess it will be once I get used to the logic behind each step rather than trying to remember them.

The high frequency (skin detail) layer still needs some work, if you are aiming for the glamour look - HER left cheek bone down along the line of her hair to her lips for example. Some cloning on that area - and some others - it won't take long. If you want some help, feel free to PM me. Took me a little while to get used to the logic behind it too!

Back