My attempt at Bods

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent a wet week in Keswick this week, not good for my normal favourite of landscape but got plenty of walking in. Whilst waiting for the boss to finish her nintendo game before going to the pub I decided to have a try at birds. I really enjoyed the challenge of working quicker. Here's one I was quite pleased with. I know the wings are not frozen but I think it gives a bit of motion to the shot. All critique is appreciated as I think I could quite enjoy taking bird shots. Thanks for Looking......Mick
Tp_upload1.jpg

Looks good, the only 2 points I'd make are firstly that it seems like maybe your focus is on the underside of the wing where it joins to the body as opposed to the eye/head, and secondly you've clipped the very top of its wing. If you've cropped, I'd leave a bit of space above that wing, and if not, well, next time try and get the wing in :D

Looks good, the only 2 points I'd make are firstly that it seems like maybe your focus is on the underside of the wing where it joins to the body as opposed to the eye/head, and secondly you've clipped the very top of its wing. If you've cropped, I'd leave a bit of space above that wing, and if not, well, next time try and get the wing in :D

:agree:

Thanks for the replies Chris & Ken. I lost the wing tip on the shot so in future I'll be giving myself more room around the subject. I think its gonna take a lot more practice focusing on the eye when panning(y)

Take no notice of these fools. ;) This is a good attempt at ''in flight' bird photography. Although some of their points are valid (y) Personally i'm hopeless at it.:bonk:

Last edited:
Take no notice of these fools. ;) This is a good attempt at ''in flight' bird photography. Although some of their points are valid (y) Personally i'm hopeless at it.:bonk:
Thanks for the encouragement Frank(y)

Correct...as it's not your usual genre you have done brilliantly to get this.And normally you only get one chance with each bird so practice is hard.

Keith (y)

For a first attempt Mick that has come out well. The only thing I see is a bit of a halo around the head due to too much sharpening. But as I say it is still good, and with not too many more tries I reckon you will be posting some good ones up.

Your right about the one chance Keith,everytime I was getting a shot of a swimmer another one took off and when I waited for one to take off they just swam about......:LOL:

From this "first" attempt I'd say you've done very well, keep at it, looking forward to many more from you :)

Back