My Beautiful Girlfriend

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
Just some pictures i took with a really simple two and one light set up, editted, some high key, curves used and just general tweaks, and one selective color involving me, im all sweaty though because i was in suit and around the lights alot so i was HOT!!!! anyway enjoy and any comments (except about my misses ;) ) are appreciated! cheers guys!!!!

tp517.jpg

selective color with me...

tp430.jpg

high key

tp273.jpg

more natural, one light set up

tp343.jpg

slightly less high key, dunno which i prefer!!!

tp1100.jpg

high key again, this shot was too bright so just decided to use curves to try and rescue it as high key! lol

thanks guys!!!!

Sorry, but these aren't high key, she just looks terribly overexposed. The 3rd shot (colour) isn't too bad, but could do with some light from the left to fill the shadows, maybe use a reflector.

Last edited:
ok this one isnt editted very much at all, may like this one better, my girlfriend and our friend Holly!

tp614.jpg

thank you, thank you (takes a bow) lmao!

These are all quite badly over exposed and the colour one while the exposure is a lot better there is a really strong magenta colour cast :thinking: you need to think more about the position and power of your flash, the forth actually looks not far of being the right exposure but there is far too much empty space it look like you too the exposure while not looking at the model :LOL:

I think that you need to practice a bit more (y) but then as least you've got a willing subject (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

magenta???? maybe im missing something? lol yah she is willing!!! i obviously havent practiced in a while because i was reasonable happy with them....

yeah what it was, it was at a girls prom and i had the tinniest little place to set up my lighs, they are vey limited lights as well, and literally a curtain as the back drop lol!

magenta???? maybe im missing something? lol yah she is willing!!! i obviously havent practiced in a while because i was reasonable happy with them....

Very pink, in that the pink (magenta) tones are tainting the other colours (y)

yeah i got what ya ment lol just i cant see heavy magenta, the colors look reasonable well balanced to me, maybe my screen isnt set up right lol!!!

Zak, you're getting some good advice here, mate. There is definitely a magenta cast in the colour one so you need to calibrate your screen.

Also you need to think hard about what you want to achieve in the shoot before setting up your lights. These all look a little slapdash even taking the space available into consideration.

I like #3 and the last post (#6)

Doesn't look too pink on my screen, but hey ho.. ;)

I haven't messed with lights, so not sure how you could save it, but perhaps not as powerful or softened more? Think you could have gotten away with the curtain if it was darker and perhaps more blurred (pp perhaps?).

Since you have a willing model, set it up again somewhere and try different settings.

Good luck!

Back