My best friends first flying lesson. Plane id please :)

Tori

Suspended / Banned
Name
Tori
Edit My Images
Yes
We were both a bit over excited and neither of us asked what kind of plane it actually was, so if someone knows that'd be great thanks. Any crit happily received thanks :)

#1 Lisa and the plane that had no first class...
IMG_9849.jpg

#2 Lisa doing her best Pete Tong impression.
IMG_9857.jpg

#3 Taxi'ing up the runway.
IMG_9886.jpg

#4 Up in the air :)
IMG_9909.jpg

#5 Still smiling taxi'ing back.
IMG_9941.jpg

#6 Earls Colne Airfield War Memorial
IMG_9842.jpg

Thank you ;) I knew someone would know! I thought it was a cessna lol. I thought all little planes were cessnas...clearly not! :LOL:

I thought it was a Cessna too! :LOL:

Come on guys - to give it its full title its an Alpha A120C :LOL:

Crit - nice shots, but number 4 is a tad underexposed and could have done with a slower speed to get a nicer prop blur.

Thanks Caleb. I've adjusted #4 slightly, but it won't take too much adjustment sadly. The prop does have blur! Just not very much....:LOL:

Reasonable 'documentary' shots. For me #4 should be more centered (or biased slightly to the left) lo give an impression of the 'speed' of the aircraft. If I was QFI'ing for your mate my debrief would be, 'more flying, less waving!'

Cheesy

Ahhh but spitfires have little circles on the wings. I know those! :LOL:

Yes it was. They're a really friendly bunch there too. Nothing was too much trouble and I had access pretty much wherever I needed for photos :)

The aircraft is a Robin Alpha 120 built in france, nice little trainer, but a little underpowered.

Blimey, I had no idea you could get that sort of info! Interesting, and it's come a long way then! :)

Information for all aircraft registered in the UK is on the CAA website, under G-INFO database.
This aircraft was actually built in New Zealand.

Last edited:
Nice one Jack, The original design was french but Robin went bust and a NZ company bought the rights to build and supply parts. No real difference between the french and NZ built aircraft,

Back