My Better Half - Darren

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I managed to get his shirt off and do some poses for me :naughty:

What do you guys think? Looking more for technical comments, as I think he looks gorgeous regardless ;)

darren5.jpg

Does it work having the softbox to one side? Or should it be directly in front of him?

That looks great Dee. My niggle is the catchlights are too square from the lightbox but I know nothing about positioning ...sorry :shrug:

No worries, thanks (y)

I fell down on the square catchlights last time as well, doh :D

:popcorn:

md(y)

ill give you my thoughts later.

You sod, stop teasing me :p

I think that comment of his translates to that's a damned fine image of a good looking man and I'm too embarrassed to admit it in public. He'd be right, if I got the translation correct. The treatment works well, too.

I think that comment of his translates to that's a damned fine image of a good looking man and I'm too embarrassed to admit it in public. He'd be right, if I got the translation correct. The treatment works well, too.

Haha, that explains it :LOL:

Thanks Russell :)

nice portrait, i dont mind the catchlights but you could round them up PP?

they look fine to me :)

Hi Betty. Catchlights look fine to me but I didn't see the originals. I see you have editing OK ticked so I just ran this through my standard B&W conversion to bring up some of the skin tones which I thought were a bit flat. I think it's got a bit more punch now but it's lost a bit in the hair against the BG which I could recover if I had the time. Hope you don't mind the edit, I'll remove if so.

betty.jpg

Last edited:
darren5.jpg

you know the others i mentioned..

just imo

md:shrug:

I dont mind the edits at all guys, thanks for taking the time to do them :)

Oh well I liked the original one you posted until I saw MD's version and got to say its great!

Actually guys, do you mind telling me what you both did to the edits? Mine really does seem flat in comparison now :(

MD - looks good that one. I think Betty's original just needed a bit of 'hardening up' if you see what I mean as the skin tones look a bit soft for a man. You seem to have done that and kept it a bit more under control than I did. Mind you I only pressed F4 to set off a preset action.

EDIT - Betty, the action basically is an overly complicated B&W conversion (which in itself is pretty pointless with your photo) but it increases the contrast and does it particularly well for skin tones without burning them out. If you want to know the whole sorry process let me know. I'm not even sure I understand all of what it does and why but it works for me.

Last edited:
betty take the action if possible as it looks good imo

(y)

well done mate like it alot tones look good..

md(y)

Yes please Ranarama, if its not too much trouble :)

I guess I need to be more ruthless when it comes to the contrast bar, I am always afraid of overcooking them :D

Yes please Ranarama, if its not too much trouble :)

I guess I need to be more ruthless when it comes to the contrast bar, I am always afraid of overcooking them :D

I'll try and send it over tonight after work, I'm out at camera club tonight though and on the TP olympic parade meet tomorrow so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a couple of days.:)

betty I like the pic I tried something similar some time ago using my flash remotely in a home made softbox, I had the black back ground and turned off lights but had nothing to focus on do I need a softbox light on all the time? sorry if this is a stupid question i know what i mean to say i sometimes cant say it right!

Michael

Thanks Ranarama, no worries (y)

Michael, yes the softbox light was on all the time, then the flash would go off when I fired the shutter, I dont have a flash, so not sure if you can do the same thing for it.

Did that make sense? Probably not :D

I like it Betty. cant really say much more well done :clap:

I think the ranarama edit has really brought the shot out and given Darren a better look (y)

Thanks Lee, I totally agree :)

And thanks for the bump, hopefully ranarama hasnt forgetten about the action... ;)

Back