Edit My Images
Yes

The Millennium bridge is a bridge that I have most familiarity with. Every day I walk across it, seeing either St Pauls or the Tate modern on the other end. It's the bridge I use to get home, or to see my girlfriend on lunch breaks. Often, I find it stressful and frustrating to traverse, due to the large amount of traffic it sees. But I really do like this bridge. Its pillars that hold it up and the views that surround it.

I took this photo while waiting to see a friend and visit the ‘Radical Eye’ exhibition being held in the Tate Modern. At first I took the took this photo while waiting to see a friend and visit the ‘Radical Eye’ exhibition being held in the Tate Modern. When I saw this composition, I instantly saw in my mind’s eye what I wanted the end result to be. What did surprise me were the silhouettes of the people on the bridge. Most have people would have vanished, due to the long exposure. But some, stood around for long enough to be part of the photo. I feel they give an almost ghostly feel to the photo.

Shot at 205 seconds @ f7.1 35mm ISO 100 with Formatt Hitech polariser and 10 stop firecrest filter.

This looks fantastic and your write up regarding your connections with the bridge tells me you know its best angles. However, I cant help but feel that it also looks very graphic like, almost like something you would see on an intro to an xbox action game. It's better than I could ever hope to achieve but it would be great to see in a less processed form. Thanks for sharing.

Dark, powerful, sombre, exceptionally well processed.
Love it!

Loving that image. This is a style of processing that really appeals to me - I know it can be a bit Marmite but I love it :)

Excellent, that's the best image I've seen of the Millennium Bridge (y)

Lovely image. Would be great to see the original SOOC shot

As promised redfan, I've attached the original unedited photo.

Great edit. I often see these dark, city images and wonder what the original image was like. Anyone know of a good tutorial on editing this kind of image?

Very powerful image, works really well, a Batman/Gotham City type effect, if you know what i mean.
Thanks for posting the youtube link too.

Back