My camera died today....

Edit My Images
Yes
After two years and well over 70,000 on the shutter my 350d has decided not to turn on, I doubt it will wake up.

Anyone know what I should do with it? I still have all the packaging in a hope that I would sell it, lol.

Thanks.

After two years and well over 70,000 on the shutter my 350d has decided not to turn on, I doubt it will wake up.

Anyone know what I should do with it? I still have all the packaging in a hope that I would sell it, lol.

Thanks.

If funds permit buy a new camera? :D

You could always try and sell it on ebay as for spares or repairs and get a bit of cash from it?

Yep two different battery's, my battery was used in a 400d worked fine.

Hmm, just bought a car then paid twice as much insuring it, my only alternative at the moment is going completely film. Anyone know how much I am likely to get selling it as spares or repair?

not sure how much yours might go for but I saw a D80 spares or repairs go for over £60 body only!

However on ebay at the moment a 350D is at 99p with 1 day 15 hours remaining (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-EOS-350...39:1|66:4|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) so I'm not sure how much luck you will have. No chance of repairing it somehow?

reading that though it seems like its had a hard time so your one might have a better chance for selling for more!

Mine isn't that bad as it has everything it came with (screws etc) and that one has water damage. But I have a feeling it is going to cost me a lot to repair it and I know as soon as I do the shutter will go. To be honest since buying an eos 5, it is a crap camera as I feel I am asking to much of it.

it might not be as bad as you think it is, it deffinately worth looking into repairing it if a new body isnt an option at the moment. also i notice your from chichester, do you know sussex cameras? they normally have some good condition 2nd hand dslr bodies in there, not bad prices either. always worth keeping in mind :-s

What I want to know is where you get the time thats almost a 100 shots a day, are you a pro photographer?

Damn sorry to hear that Liam :( my 40D seems to have slipped into an error99 coma - maybe there is some sort of Canon suicide pact set for today?

just out of interest how much would it cost to fix it, or replace the shutter???

I am James I am new here.

why did you not go for extended warrernty I sure hope my D60 lasts more than two years £400 it better. :LOL: I did get the extended warrenty

If it is electrically dead rather than suffering the usual knackered af mirror problem then you'll probably sell it no problem on Ebay, you might be surprised how much you get for it. It amazes me how much I paid for a destroyed Nikon D70 just to get a couple of small parts (that Nikon won't sell me) for one of my cameras :bonk:

Back