My Cat Christmas Day

Edit My Images
Yes
heres a shot of my cat Kizzy on christmas day it was taken with my nifty fifty on my d80 f/1.8 1/400 manual focus

i wish i hadnt cropped out her ear but there we go we all learn from our mistakes i suppose, i was thinking of having this blown up and put on canvas but still a little undecided?

was just wondering what you guys thought

Christmasday2007013.jpg

It's a nice attempt but before blowing up, I'd get one I was truly happy with. Main things for me are 1. The ears as you said, 2. The distracting background.

It's a great capture of the cat but a slightly deeper depth of field may help (and be more feasible with a less distracting background)

You could always try reshooting it if you are unhappy with it. The striped background is somewhat distracting as is the reflection in the eye. Flash was used but maybe consider doing without and using that big aperture you got there with a higher iso? There is also a red colour cast to the image probably caused by light bouncing off red surroundings, you might want to correct this in post processing.

Sometimes the technicalities don't matter and it's the memories you associate with the image which are important to you, in which case go right ahead and get it blown up, photobox currently have 25% off enlargements. Cute cat btw :)

thanks for the instant replys guys all comments will be taken on board and put in use next time the camera is in my hands

Had a quick go of removing the colour cast using hue/saturation layer and shifting the hue in the reds and yellows. Have also cloned out some of the reflections in the eye.

thanks for that mate i will have a go now myself see how it compares

Like the result of zero's colour correction, would consider a slight crop on the right also.

thanks i was think about cropping now that you mention it

Back