My Cat

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
close up ;) Just an experiment to see if it worked, these were the only shots I got, he started to try to paw the lens. Be as critical as you like, they're just an experiment :) The eye isn't critically sharp but he was restless

catsnose.jpg

catspaws.jpg

catseye.jpg

You can always apply sharpening locally to the eye Dodders - just draw a freehand mask around the eye, feather by a few pixels and sharpen.

catseye.jpg

I think the white area in front of the cats eye is too distracting for this to work, particularly as the cats gaze takes you right to it.

The same with the nose shot - I appreciate it's a high key shot but the blown out areas are very distracting.

The paws shot works the best and might benefit from a little contrast and sharpening? :)

Thanks CT, I agree about the burnt out bits with the eye shot, although your selective sharpening makes it a lot stronger.

The nose shot is interesting, on my home monitor the nose is clearly the subject of the shot and the highlights don't interfere. Here at work it looks terrible.

As far as the paws are concerned I gave it a run through again, cloned out some of the crap, increased contrast etc.

catspaws2.jpg

wow, really like these!

Do you think Dod nose there was a big paws while one of them loaded?... eye :eyesup:

Nice kitty-bits BTW :thumb:

where's the doorman with the coats :D j/k hedgehog :)

Not a cat person myself, but the clean paw shot works for me.

Back