Yes
How can i improve these?

5043890746_62dc94a021_z.jpg

Taken on a Canon EOS 20D with a Speedlite 430ex

5311452365_147b068cd6_z.jpg

Taken on a Canon EOS 500N.

Thanks

hi Krypton

I like the first one particularly. If it was me, I would boost the contrast, enhance the eyes and sharpen in ps. kinda like this:

5312381991_0e8b3058a2.jpg

happy new year

Kind regards

Wow i actually really like what youve done with them.

I never do any post editing so i think its time i started playing around.

My 2 p, the 2nd picture is too busy, for me closer cropping would make a difference. I like the first, both the original & the 'doctored' ones. On 2, I like the wagging tail, (it captures something of the character) but the whole composition just seems 'odd'. Im afraid my expertise doesn't extend much more to offer other suggestions on how to improve it. A pair of good looking pets though :D

Hi, Jack...some good looking cats you've got there. I like what you're trying to do with both of the photos, but think that you're having the same basic problems many of us face when using our pets as models.

Pet photos can be tricky, because they're usually taken at home and tend to have backgrounds (and sometimes foregrounds) cluttered with everyday household items. Take your second shot, for instance. Love that twitching tail that's just a blur, but the remotes in the foreground, and the Christmas tree in the background detract from your focal point (the cat.) With some careful PP you might be able to successfully clone out the remotes and a tighter crop could cut down on the Christmas tree distraction in the background.

Good luck, and I apologize if I came across a bit too harsh.

No, thanks.

I understand about the clutter in the background, but i purposely put the remotes there, not sure why though!

Maybe a tighter crop?

No, thanks.

I understand about the clutter in the background, but i purposely put the remotes there, not sure why though!

Maybe a tighter crop?

It's fine that you put the remotes there though it may be unclear to the viewer why you did so. If you aren't sure why then you can bet others will be unsure, too.

Back