my challenge to me

Edit My Images
No
so for something to do one day a small task ,nice and easy nothing too hard .i roped a friend in as well so i wouldnt be a billy no mates .the task ,,,,take a roll of ilford hp5 plus , pick a location and use the whole of the film ,go home and develope it scan them all pick the one i liked the most nip down to boots and get it printed as big as i could ,( 15 by 10 the biggest they do ) ,all in the same day ,, easy no problem . so we dacided on the town of faversham ( in kent ) and there we were at eight in the morning ,me and alan ,we had to be back at the car in 90 minutes ., that was our time limit ,so off we went our separate ways .at ten past nine id only managed to fire off six frames ,this may be more difficult than i thought ,the trouble is i kept thinking ive got to get that half decent one to enlarge ,not my digital machine gun method i normally use ,make every shot count ,my saving grace was a really nice church near the brewery ,and at nine thirty ( ish ) i was back at the car with only three frames left so that was good enough for me .off we went back to chez nous, a couple of pics of the dog to use the thirty six up then into the dark room film onto spiral back out into the ( soup ) kitchen and away we go .an hour later the negs are all dry , so cut them down and scan on an epson v500 .then um and errr over which ones we like the most , thats one for me and one for alan ,eventually we both decide on our frame to enlarge , so re-scan at a better resolution put onto a disc then to the batmobile no i mean to boots for the finale and the end of my ( successful ) challenge . well almost ,but not quite ,you see when it comes to digital stuff im even more of a knob than i am with film , because i thought if i want a big enlargement then surley the higher res i scan it at then the better the quality of the final picture . but i now find out it dont work like that ,because when i try to order the big picture on the machine in the shop it dont want to know.so after much huffing and puffing i ask the assistant for help ,who then points out that the file is too large for the machine ,so thats it then ? no picture ? so i didnt even win the easy task i set for myself , another day maybe . :bonk:
anyone in north kent fancy taking the same challenge in the near future ? ive got a couple of film cameras going spare if you havnt got one .

enlarge_owl_Medium_.jpg

this was the one i wanted all nice and big anyway .maybe its just as well it didnt work , at least ive saved the planet a bit by noy wasting paper

That was a shame......task failed.....on a technicality:thumbsdown:

How big was the file ?
Just off the top of me bonce - you only need 300dpi, I would think a jpg @ 10mb would murder a 10x15..:shrug:

Hey donutagain

I have no experience with film cameras or developing, but it sounds like it could be fun, if you dont mind someone with no experience tagging along.

BTW - i like the picture its very moody, looks like a shot from a horror film:)

mr joxby you are right , failed because i dont really know digital . i think the file was over 20 mb . i didnt grasp the idea that pics are printed at 300 dpi , and it only needs x resolution and any more is overkill , i will complete the task though .
hello Ruth , the owl was in a shop window in faversham , and was actually the first frame i took that day . if you would like to have a go at the task you are most welcome ,if we can get one other person to join us ( i can only develope 3 rolls at a time )and a date im up for it again , weekends only though . any takers ???

mr joxby you are right , failed because i dont really know digital . i think the file was over 20 mb . i didnt grasp the idea that pics are printed at 300 dpi , and it only needs x resolution and any more is overkill , i will complete the task though .
hello Ruth , the owl was in a shop window in faversham , and was actually the first frame i took that day . if you would like to have a go at the task you are most welcome ,if we can get one other person to join us ( i can only develope 3 rolls at a time )and a date im up for it again , weekends only though . any takers ???

If you can get a third person let me know, weeks are cool i work 2 out of 4 but im sure we can find one to suit us both.

Back