Critique My Cousins Daughters

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of processed photographs of my cousins daughters which were taken over the weekend. Your opinions are very much welcome. I'm more used to working with still objects/scenery and not used to Portraits, but would like to work more with them.....as I have a shoot coming up soon for a friend o_O

I don't think these have come out too bad, picture two could maybe have done with some Vignetting (SP?) or maybe in B&W (Possibly both?)

And as you can probably tell, these were shot in their house, spur of the moment.

(1)

(2)

Shooting babies (with a camera) is quite difficult I found out.

Nice family shots but nothing special. Perhaps clone out the bright line in the background on the left of the first. Try to get eye contact with the baby.

Doing unposed spur-of-the-moment portraits is very difficult (especially kids).

Nice family shots. You could probably zing them up with some PP and different crops, but the expressions/poses aren't interesting enough to make a really good images.

Well done for moving out of your comfort zone and thanks for sharing. :)

What lights were you using?

Doing unposed spur-of-the-moment portraits is very difficult (especially kids).

Nice family shots. You could probably zing them up with some PP and different crops, but the expressions/poses aren't interesting enough to make a really good images.

Well done for moving out of your comfort zone and thanks for sharing. :)

What lights were you using?
Thank you for the comments, a bit help on what to do with PP would be a great help :)

I didn't use any lighting, just natural light from the windows

Thank you for the comments, a bit help on what to do with PP would be a great help :)

I didn't use any lighting, just natural light from the windows

Hi Alan
I'm no great shakes at PP, but here's a couple of quick and dirty edits. Someone who knows what they are doing could make a much better job I'm sure.

#1 Mono conversion in Lightroom (B+W creative 3 I think)
DSC00078_zps07845044jpgoriginal-3.jpg

#2 Just saved your Jpeg and increased contrast by 50 in Lightroom and added a slight vignette
DSC00078_zps07845044jpgoriginal-2.jpg

Thanks Patrick, clearly I don't have to be scared with the contrast as I had already put it up from the original.

Back