My Dad The Hippy

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
My dad spent a lot of his young life travelling around the world as a dropout during the sixties. He ended up living in tree tops in Darwin Australia smoking a lot of pot. :whistle:
There aren't many but i managed to sneak some of his old photos away and scan them into the computer. Point being is that it's his birthday coming up soon and i wanted to get these old shots touched up, printed and framed especially the colour one which shows his best mate who accompanied him all throughout his travels as he died this year and it hit the old man quite hard.
I have never attempted anything like this before so i wouldn't even know where to start. If anyone could throw some pointers out there for me it would be appreciated.

1-7.jpg

5-2.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

2-6.jpg

What exactly is it you want doing with them?
I like the toned effect of some of them... though I cant really make out enough from #2.

I had a 5 minute play with #3.
All I did was cloned out the hairs/debris. Used a cooling photofilter over the top to conteract the yellowing, and gave a sharpen... possibly sharpened too much but Im on my sons pc right now and his monitor appears very diff to mine.

4-4.jpg

Wow that edit looks 100% better than the original, i just wanted them as nice looking as possible so when i get them printed you can't see any obvious imperfections. The more i think about this i'm starting to realise how much work there could be involved, no wonder the shop wanted £50 per photo to retouch.
Thanks for the work Glo :)

Another quick go

edit.jpg

Back