My daughter & her new hair !

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Never had much joy with portrait shots, but daughter insisted I took a picture of her new haircut to show her nan ! Would like to try some more of this type of photography so any help gratefully received (y)

Shot using the 50mm f/1.8 with a standard 100W lightbulb above and the 430EX flash on camera, desaturated in PS and the contrast upped a little.

Youve caught a bit of glare there but as I dont have any experience of shooting with on camera flash, Ill leave that to someone else to advise.
From a composition/pose point of view, if it were me ... Id chop some of the deadspace at the top, just about where here parting changes direction... this would draw more attention to her face.

The pose, is a bit 'passport' type, so I would encourage her to turn her body towards the right or left a little, then look back towards the camera.
Id also 'Dodge' the teeth a tad, just to bring up the white.

You have a lovely subject there to practice with though.
Good luck (y)

Thats great, thanks InaGlo, thats just the type of feedback I was hoping for. Might have another play with this image, although I think I could probably get her to pose again without too much trouble ! (y)

Ok, had a little mess with the original and tried the suggested crop:

& here's another done at the same time, slightly higher key:

Thanks.

Sorry mate, not sure ............

They are linked from Flickr if that could have anything to do with it .............

Aha.... here in this hotel in Dubai - Flickr - is blocked. Thanks - I shall take a look when I get back. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Back