My daughter

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
An image I captured of my 7 month old daughter, cropped and converted to Sepia in LR2. I'm pleased with it, love the expression, so thought I would just share my joy.

Cheers Jon

Mayah_Sepia by jon.dc 69, on Flickr

Love it! My niece was born today, so im itching to go and "attempt" to get some photos. The eyes look wonderful in it, and the expression just tops it off. Gets a (y) from me

Not a fan of the angled shots usually, but this works...

A lovely capture, eyes are nice and sharp, and the processing is nice....

Well done! :)

Nice to get some positive feedback. Thanks all.
I got a voucher from groupon, so have ordered a 24x32" canvas of this, for £28. Fingers crossed on the quality.

What a fabulous photo - absolutely beautiful one to treasure for a long time.

That has to be one of my favourite baby photos ever.... love it (y)

Love the expression on her face :wave:

That's an absolutely fantastic photograph - I'm sure the canvas will be stunning... (y)

Tis a lovely image, and the soft sepia works well.

Just a thought (and it maybe too late), but I would consider toning down some of the hot spots , they might show up on a large print -although the canvas may negate them

Here's what I mean showing the (minor) hot spots

Capture%20(2).JPG

I think as per Henri Cartier-Bresson, I hit the right decisive moment!

Here's the original, although I do prefer the sepia:

_DSC4480 by jon.dc 69, on Flickr

I absolutely love this photo but really appreciate the feedback and glad others like the image too.

Les, hopefully they will not show up. I could not really see anything when I upscaled the image to the canvas size and viewed it at 100% but I did not do what you show above. We will see.

Cheers Jon

Im sorry .... and first I must say its a cracking shot .... however .... the devil in me says

"if only there was a load of baby puke comming out" :)

Now then there is a shot that would look stunning in a Ikea frame :)

Please forgive me Jonothan, it is a beautiful shot.

Cracking pic the eyes really POP in sepia!

Did you do any pp on the eyes?

Tokkelossi said:
Im sorry .... and first I must say its a cracking shot .... however .... the devil in me says

"if only there was a load of baby puke comming out" :)
LOL I am sure I will get the opportunity for a few of them!

doublemint76 said:
Cracking pic the eyes really POP in sepia!

Did you do any pp on the eyes?

I opened it in cs, adjusted the levels and ran an unsharp mask, resized the canvas but did not spend any deal of time on any specifics.

Lovely photo and like the Expression and Sharp Eyes too... just out of curiosity, what lens did you use (assuming that you took this with a D90)..

Raj

Lwhat lens did you use (assuming that you took this with a D90)..

Raj

Thanks for your comment. The lens was a nifty fifty the f1.8 version, set at f2.8.

and in place....
bit bigger than I imagined but good quality.

Top banana !

P1020406 by jon.dc 69, on Flickr

Really nice snap and bet it looks nice on the canvas, i would like to see a b/w version with the eyes brought back to blue, thats just my taste though.

Really nice snap and bet it looks nice on the canvas, i would like to see a b/w version with the eyes brought back to blue, thats just my taste though.

Nice idea. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the feedback all.

I think this is so good there could be a health and safety issue with visitors falling down your stairs

My daughter seems to love it, every time we go down stairs she stares at it with a big toothless grin. I wonder if she knows its her!

The sepia seems to work well with it but I cannot take credit. My wife wanted the image to fit in with the decor and asked if I could make it a similar colour, hence sepia came to mind.

I did try a b/w conversion but it did not seem to work as well as this one.

That looks amazing as a canvas. Sepia definitely the right choice and eyes are stunning.

Back