My daughter

Lovely eye contact/engagement, I like the black and white conversion too.

Really nice Chris. My daughter looks to be about the same age and this really makes me think about how fast they grow up. Simple composition and B&W conversion. Messy hair is not really noticeable (should probably say "bothersome to me") as she's frizzy-ish anyway and the sun has blown most of it - which is an effect I really like - showing care over model position.

(y)

Thanks, she's off to university next weekend so I'll be losing my willing model, it was good to get the light for this shot today.

That's a beautiful image and one to treasure.
Gorgeous lighting, lovely shadow balance and catchlight - reflector?

Thanks all. @stryvya the oroginal is in colour but I think I would be in trouble if I published it, it shows too many spots and blemishes,

Gorgeous! The combination of uplight and backlight can be tricky to get right - but it can be magical when it's done well.
Thanks Simon, really appreciate it. And yes, we were just using a reflector which Elinor was holding and it was a but of a pain especially as she tended to move it when she looked at the camera.

Thanks all. @stryvya the oroginal is in colour but I think I would be in trouble if I published it, it shows too many spots and blemishes,

The clone tool and the blur brush work wonders on spots and blemishes.

Aww she is looking really cool in this black and white shot! I really fallen in love with her eyes and hair wonderful piece of work keep rocking.

Back