My Dead 17-85

Name
Nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
A few weeks back my Canon 17-85mm IS USM started displaying the Error 01 Code constantly when used, after googling the error code and replacing the ribbon cable it lasted 3 weeks and has gone again and I can't keep replacing the wires so what would be the best replacement as in focal length and filter size?

Thanks in advance
Nathan

If you were happy with the 17-85 focal length, then why not look at the new replacement version - the 15-85 ?

Obviously budget plays a part...

Yeah, my budget is around £200 and the 15-85 is a little bit over budget

I would also recommend the 15-85, if your budget will stretch. There are a couple for sale here in the Canon classified section at the moment.:)

If you cannot stretch to the 15-85mm try the 18-135mm STM or the even cheaper non STM version.

Yeah, my budget is around £200 and the 15-85 is a little bit over budget

Another option would be the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens, will be within your budget, but you do loose the 50-85 range - have a look at your photos, did this focal length get used lots ?
On the counter side of this, you gain a 2.8 lens ...

Snap, I have just posted a similar item. It sounds as though I have not taken my research on as far as you so will now google. Let me know the outcome of any replacement. I love my 17-85 it is pretty much lens of every choice

Back