My deer series over the years.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi talk photography, I've been here a long time now, but never really post a lot. Got a bit of free time on my hands so i thought i would introduce myself a bit more, so nice to meet you, I am Andrew.

These are my favorite deer photos over the past 5 years, mostly from 2010-2013. Would love to see a discussion about my style/feedback/critique/edits or anything! Or ask me anything :) enjoy!

5244953245_3e21c670cb_b.jpg

5087787010_2a6ff4b669_b.jpg

4806351163_ee71beb8ee_b.jpg

9631657364_70f8b4f150_b.jpg

5848037949_766db5c4fb_b.jpg

6043633815_4716ea0698_b.jpg

6034439253_f5b657b2c9_b.jpg

5793127686_25a721ca60_b.jpg

You should post more often. These are fantastic.

Apologies that im not offering in depth 'crit' as such, but I would have been very happy to have taken these (y)

You have some very nice images here... I really like the first one, it's a very pleasing image, and I also like 5, 6 and 8.
3 and 4 look a little too saturated for my taste..

Thanks Nick, not particularly looking for "crit" just any thoughts at all :)

Solo man, actually I agree with you about the saturation on those ones... it looks kind of fake I guess. Although i do like to slightly exaggerate those things sometimes!

Really nice set of images Andrew.
Very brief crit:
1. Love it, great framing and slightly soft muted tones.
2. Great light and framing.
3. Looks too saturated to me.
4. Doesn't do much for me and I find the exposure from the sun a little too overwhelming, it has a nice atmosphere to it though.
5. Really nice, I bet this image has been popular?
6. Compelling and an unusual scene.
7. Solid but not as interesting as some of the others.
8. Wonderful, well done balancing the exposure. The shadows almost look like reflections like they're on ice. Only crit is that IMO the tree top left detracts from an otherwise quite almost abstract look to the photo.

Okay so not so much of a crit, they're great. :D

Really well done!

Jeff.

yes some great images there. I like the timing and soft colours on image 1. I also agree that image 6 is compelling, almost toy like and I love the last image, the breath being captured floating in the air!

For me, 1,2,3,6,and 8 all have an unusual, interesting quality to them. Thanks for sharing.

1 is well framed but could have benefitted from less in the foreground. They weren't aware of you so you might have been able to move slightly.
2 the deer needs to be lightened a little but the background is lovely though it's too bleached behind the deer
3 is oversaturated but I love the pose and expression
6 might benefit from a closer crop.
8 would be better without the tree on the left as said above.

Number 3 is brilliant, big fan of these photos

Back