my dog vs fox?

Edit My Images
No
367263460_smallas6_122_218lo.jpg

jeepers! that's unbelievable! (well it is to me). You don't get to see that every day of the week.

Really good moment captured there.... what happened next?

This is what happen next

367258849_smallas4_122_200lo.jpg

= Friends...that fox is now my regular...he come for a visit once every few weekends

Nice capture.

Good job it wasn't my dogs that Mr Fox met.

Nice capture.

Good job it wasn't my dogs that Mr Fox met.

Or mine - she killed the last one that got into the chicken run and also saved our cockerel a couple of weeks ago when a fox was running off with it, although he was putting up a pretty good fight - the fox survived this time as it managed to get out through a hole that she couldn't.

Nice pictures though although I would be tempted to shoot it with something other than a camera if I had the equipment

exactly. rabies for example is quite common. lucky dog I've got to say.

Very unlikely, there have been no reports of rabies in the uk for over 15 yrs.

Most foxes will have fleas, but not a prob if your dogs is treated regularly.

sthwild said:
exactly. rabies for example is quite common. lucky dog I've got to say.

Are you sure? I don't think rabies has ever been found in a British fox.

Lovely shots!

Last edited:
Nice pictures though although I would be tempted to shoot it with something other than a camera if I had the equipment

Ah, there's an attitude that's 100 years out of date!!! Not a Peak District farmer are you?

Or mine - she killed the last one that got into the chicken run and also saved our cockerel a couple of weeks ago when a fox was running off with it, although he was putting up a pretty good fight - the fox survived this time as it managed to get out through a hole that she couldn't.

:agree: After I had taken pictures of it though :D

In the UK? Utter RUBBISH

Since 1946 there have only been 24 cases of rabies in the UK. All were imported through people getting the disease abroad except one. The one was from a bite from an infected bat in a Dundee laboratory - the victim died.

Rabies in the UK - exceptionally rare in the animal population.

A fantastic moment in time.
Regards
Paul.

I believe its Sarcoptic Mange that can be contracted by dogs from Fox's.
However the Fox in the shot looks healthy to me.

Last edited:
I think the fox is wondering if it could take the dog:) let's be honest; had it been a small poodle or something - it may have been dinner

Great shot!

Unfortunately my dog is naturally bred to tear a fox to shreds which is a shame because I like foxes!

(y)

I take my little scruffy terrier for a last walk around the streets every night at about midnight and we always see at least two or three foxes. The silly little chap thinks it is an absolute outrage and wants nothing more than to chase them off. He just doesn't seem to realise that he's only slightly bigger than a chihuahua and would get ripped to shreds in a heartbeat if he ever got off the lead.

I liked foxes too until one killed all our chickens in broad daylight just for fun. Not quite so keen now.

This didn't look real to me until I looked at the second image right pals right time well done

Great capture (y) and I would see about getting a paper to print that, well worth a few quid imo (y)

Back