My dream lens has finaly come up for sale

Hmmm.. I can see the appeal in your case Mark, it's just gotta be the ideal lens for those surf shots. Don't be a wimp - get it! :D

Spose theres no point putting IS in it. Would make it too heavy.

Doesnt matter what you do theres no chance you could keep it still and take a photo at 1200.
f5.6 @1200 is very impressive though .hence the price i guess.

Go on Mark.. I dare you..:D

Thought that I would check out he carriage charges
either $900 odd for standard or nearly $1500 for fedex 3 day, I would think it would be cheaper to collect in person.

They had one on display at focus when they exhibited.... they are back this sorry next year. Get there, guys see meets threads...

Hmm, wonder if it'll fit in my pack..

Thought that I would check out he carriage charges
either $900 odd for standard or nearly $1500 for fedex 3 day, I would think it would be cheaper to collect in person.

With the lens and dedicated tripod that comes with it there my be a excess weight charge on your baggage. :LOL:

Just so we can see what we're talking about here ;) Isn't she a beauty? the lens, I mean :D

canon%201200mm.jpg

:)

Damn its a canon fit only if!!!! and I was going to get two

Well lets face it, you wouldnt waste that sort of money on any other make now would you ;)

If shes comes with it im buying one :)

I suspect that even if she came free with the lens her annual upkeep and maintenance would cost well in excess of £50,000.

Back