My Duxford Pictures

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few from Duxford on my birthday, had a couple of PC issues so will post some more when i get a chance. C&C Welcomed.

f15.jpg

f15-2.jpg

twinprop.jpg

flyboy.jpg

foldedplane.jpg

menandplanes.jpg

spitfire.jpg

merlinengine.jpg

Couple of minor crops, levels, sharpen and a couple had a bit of desaturation to give the an older feel

Enjoy

Major crit would be that your shutter speed is far too high. All but the last flying one the props have been frozen in time. For future ref a speed from 1/500 and below will allow for some prop blur. :)

Hope you had a nice birthday and you get your PC fixed without lossing anything.

Love number 2,..

King.

No 4 for me, a slight crop from the top, convert to B&W or sepia, and it will sing :)

I seem to have a major problem with slower speeds, i have a lot that i shot at 1/200th to 1/320th but i seem to miss a heck of a lot of shots they are really OOF and even though it was a bright day, i seem to make a lot of the planes dark and the skies ok, even if i try spot metering or centre-weighted on the plane.

I wonder if the lens has a focus issue, as i had a similar problem at Biggin Hill and A1 GPrix only since gettting the VR lens.

When you shoot a medium toned object against a bright sky then you need compensate the exposure by adding 0.7 or 1.0. Leave it on Matrix metering as spot is very difficult and centr-weighted is,... well (I think) awful.

If you shoot manual, choose spot (check Dino_f's Duxford post for my explaination)

Hope this helps.

King.

Shoot Manual! Steady on :LOL:

Ok will have to have a play, generally shot on shutter priority or aperture priority, was playing with a few different things to see what worked best, sadly not a lot did :(.

How do i check for a potential focus problem?

How do i check for a potential focus problem?

I dare wager there is no focus problems ppp..;)

Conditions were difficult at the weekend and getting camera settings correct were a problem.:(

As King_Boru states keep the shutter speed down also panning is a vital part of getting sharp shots at low shutter speeds.;)

Your static people shots are very nice with no focus problems so I highly doubt there is a problem with your lens..:)

At events like this where conditions were difficult "YES" get into manual mode and experiment, Some will indeed go to the recycle bin but the good ones will be very good. Trial and error mate.(y)

Cool man good to know, glad it wasn't just me.

Will put some better ones up with some prop blur later

thanks guys for all the help as usual

PPP.
Nice work there, as stated you need some prop blur even if only slightly.
The guy by the Corsair is great and as stated a dated look will be fantastic.
Best shot for me is the contra rotating prop.
The fact you have the operators out of focus, both props bluring and the rocker covers nice and sharp with the rolls royce clear works great for me it seams to frame the engine within another picture i really really like it.
All the best,
james

Lovely work PPP, the second F15 shot is real nice, with the vapour just starting to appear on the leading edge of the wings. WW2 pilot infront of Corsair is also good with not too much saturation. Timeless.:clap:
Dean:)

thanks guys, makes me feel a lot better about the days results, i to am pleased with those pictures you mentioned

Back