My Fathers Motorsport Photography - 20+ Years Ago!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.....

I get a lot of inspiration from My Dad and not just from his photography. I'm at my parents this weekend and got talking to Dad about panning tecniques which resulted in digging out some of his works. I remember as a child developing them with him then reveiwing the results on the slide projector! I'll never forget that clunking sound as the slide changed! :)

He had some amazing equipment (still has). Its all in the days of Manual. Pentax LX as his main body along with some exceptional lenses including a 300 2.8.....

These were converted from a slide viewer tonight attached to a digital camera:

DSC07150.jpg

DSC07139.jpg

DSC07143.jpg

DSC07145.jpg

DSC07149.jpg

DSC07154.jpg

DSC07155.jpg

DSC07162.jpg

I'm hoping when I get a spare weekend to go shooting motorsport with Dad.... Snetterton is like the home circuit around here. It hosts the BTCC and BSB so some awesome photographic opportunities.

Going to try an persuade Dad to dig out more of his works to share with you all cos to me personally there a great inspiration.

C&C appreciated.....

Ed :)

Awesome shots really loving the number 91 bike, the panning along with the forward space for the bike to move itno is awesome.

And taken on something called "film" too :)

Brilliant!

Awesome shots really loving the number 91 bike, the panning along with the forward space for the bike to move itno is awesome.

And taken on something called "film" too :)

Brilliant!

Thanks for the comments bud, I have relayed them to him which made him smile! :)

I'm going to get him to dig out more slides so I can share them.....In my parents fridge there is still film! :)

very impressive! panning is showing far more background blur than i ever get, excellent

very impressive! panning is showing far more background blur than i ever get, excellent

Thanks for you comments also. Dad was reading the forum lastnight, whilst looking at some of the captures by others. I think he was impressed! :)

Dad was giving me tips on paning techniques and I'll certainly be putting what I have learnt into practise.

Been told that the photographs in this post are at 1/60 :)

Thanks again all....

They are indeed impressive, some very interesting colour's there.

Could you reproduce that effect with digital or is that a film effect only?

(y)

Great stuff. I love seeing old photos. Those bikes are wicked!

I like the last one the best. It's tack sharp and there is a real sense of speed going on there.

OMG. :eek: These are amazing! The sharpness of the subjects and the framing. And no Photoshop! :eek:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

These were transferred using a slide viewer attached to a digital camera. The only available lightsource at the time was a desk lamp which gives of this warm yellow. Could have been fixed in photoshop but this is film! ;)

Thanks again for all your kind comments. Im getting Dad to dig out more of his works on slide. I'm not normally one to "blow trumpets" but Dad's work is very inspirational to me and the best bit of it all..... Its all film! :)

Excellent pictures, if you take some notice of what your Dad tells you, you shouldn't go far wrong. ;)

Those bikes look really very old now. I'm always amazed when I see video of Barry Sheene racing, as they were showing the other week on the BBC, as I don't remember the bikes looking so old. :eek: :D

Btw, nothing stopping you fixing any colour casts once they have been scanned. ;) :LOL:

I wouldnt see any problem with correcting some colour issues introduced during your digital capture. You would just be correcting for the digital capture proceedure to get it more like the original slide. Its a simple matter of the colour temp needing to be set as cameras have trouble with incandessant light.

Is a Laverda too. :eek: :love: ...very apt comment considering this fact. ;)

Fabulous set, and quite superb work considering the limitations he had to deal with compared to us digi lot ...60th sec on fixed film, :LOL: Top stuff ...Oh the good old days. .. I still consider that speed to be a reasonably quick. :wacky: :puke:

Back