My favourite ever wedding pic!

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just provisionally purchased a Mamiya RB67 pro S outfit and in order to make full use of it decided to find the 120 size transparency holder for my Epson scanner.

Well after looking through the box-room (my junk room) I eventually found it and could not believe that the negative of my favourite ever wedding photograph was in it. Now I am sure I have taken better shots, but I doubt many gave me as much pleasure as this one has, as the two little girls are my daughters and the bride is my wifes sister who regularly used to model for me when she was younger and I was still perfecting my skills (it could be said I still am I suppose), although this was actually taken at her wedding just under 16 years ago.

It was taken on one of my Blads probably with an 80mm lens, unfortunately I can't read the exif data :LOL:

As the image was a square, I have probably cropped a little too much from the bottom, but I am sure you get the general idea.

AnnieIan.jpg

I can see why it's your favourite. 1st class. (y)

excellent :clap:

Great shot (y)

Thanks for all your kind comments. (y)

It is very nice when something so personal to me can be appreciated by others :)

I know the shot is a bit twee, and if I had the requisite bridesmaids it was one of my most requested stock wedding shots, along with a few set-up funny type groom and best man shots that were all a bit different from the normal posed group wedding type shot.

I always tried to give everybody likely to see the wedding proofs something that they had not seen photographed, so the bride would be unaware of what I got up to with the Groom and Best man, they were unaware of what I got up to with the Bride & Bridesmaids, and the other quests were unaware of lots of the pictures taken during the day. thus they all had something to look forward to and hopefully enjoyed seeing what had gone on on the day that they were unaware of.

As I have two weddings to do again this year (1st for a few years, and I'm not sure if I am going to use film or digital yet) it will be interesting to see if I can still 'cut it'.

Last edited:
Back