My favourite pic of the summer so far

Name
David Purvis
Edit My Images
Yes
This is sort of sport, sort of portrait (i'm in it :)) but I thought it was best in Landscapes.

Me and some of my friends from my triathlon club went open water swimming in Sunderland and my good lady Claire snapped this pic. I'm not looking for in depth critique or anything, but I love it and hope you do too. It really captured the day perfectly.

IMG_7364-1.jpg

Sorry - poor choice of words.

I'm aware the picture isn't fantastic technically and i'm not looking for in-depth critique, but would welcome any other comments/feedback (positve or negative).

Well I think it's a very nice summery pic. It means a lot to you and captures a moment so that is the main thing...

Thanks for sharing :)

I like it but I think it looks a lot better in b&w imho as the light is just to harsh.

128835266647511787.jpg

As for the picture, looks great fun but too much deadspace for my liking. Maybe a panoramic style crop would be better?

I like it, I get a real sense of story from the people on the beach in different stages of gearing up to join their friends.

I think the original is spot on. Great sense of space and place.

Last edited:
I actually like this a lot, the composition is strong and the harsh light helps to emphasise this. I can't agree with that crop, the original is much better in the opinion of this fool.

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback and the suggestions!

I didn't bother checking this again after the original comments regarding my choice of words, so to see some really good stuff when I came back was a welcome surprise. You've restored my faith in this forum!

Back