Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
.....and cloud formation.
Regards, Alan.
232_3260.jpg

Stunning Alan, well done great shot.
I you dont mind me asking what camera settings did yo use and were filters used, I am keen to gain some experienced knowledge to help me improve.
Thanks Steve.

Many thanks Steve
Taken awhile ago now with my trusty old 20D, tv 1/500sec, 100-400 at 400, f11, and ISO 100.
No filters used on this occasion, slight boost of saturation in pp.
The shot was taken from a hotel, absolutely superb for sunsets, in Corfu.
Its a crop from this image
SunsetTP1.jpg

from here
TP-answer-1.jpg

Kind regards, Alan.

Last edited:
Alan, stunning shot! I particularly like the definition in the sun and the clouds, both well balanced and sharp. The sun has not blown out on its edge, no flare. Also, your pictorial story of how you achieved the shot is great. All round good job(y)

crikey that's good
the clouds in the background almost look like mountains

(or the mountains in the background almost look like clouds :thinking: )

i really like the warmth in the photo. great capture.

Very nice.

That wisp of cloud above the darker clouds is great, looks like hair almost.

Only thing that I slightly dislike.. feels a little off center, sun should be dead center, where as it seems slightly to the right. My eyes could be playing tricks though of course :p.

Cracker of a shot.

Iain, Mike, Irus, David, John, The 23rdman, Glen and Dougie.... many thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated.
Kind regards, Alan.

Very nice.

That wisp of cloud above the darker clouds is great, looks like hair almost.

Only thing that I slightly dislike.. feels a little off center, sun should be dead center, where as it seems slightly to the right. My eyes could be playing tricks though of course :p.

Alex... thanks for your comments & suggestions...
the first thing I thought of when I saw this cloud formation was.......
majic carpet!!!;)
The original image is large enough to play around with and yes you'r right it does look good in a square crop withe the sun central.
Kind regards, Alan.

Back