Daily My first 365/6

Name
Ruairidh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, as i slept through most of the 1st of January due to too much first footing (didnt go to bed till 1pm on the 1st) i decided to start today.

Not a particular image i really like it could do with alot of work, but as i have to post one a day it had to go up... So here it is :)

Cletreval by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

I think that it's a really nice image (y) don't forget though that this is your challenge (y) you set the rules, so if you have to take your time on processing then take it (y) if that means that you have to post every couple of days then so be it but make sure your happy with what your posting as if your not happy then it's not going to be a fun project for you (y)

Best of luck in the challenge (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I like that - it has a really nice dramatic sky!

Thanks all for your comments

This is for day 2

2/365 Smell by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

I couldn't think of what to take a photo of ( day 2 and im struggling!! :shrug: ) and I didn't get a chance to leave the house to photograph something worthwhile, but, it is something anyway ...

P.s Don't shoot me for adding the colour to the B&W.

Here is Day 3

3/365 Seamless by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

They wont all be B&W. Promise.

Sat on a piece of A4 paper with the same up the way at the back, Lighting is from my lights in the kitchen, although alot of 'Dodging' has been used to remove some of the shadows and hide the joint where the paper met.

Last edited:
Hey so long as you get it taken that's all good and if it works a well as that one then I think I should shoot down to the wire (y) very much a fun portrait, now number 4 that's amazing I love the effect (y)

Matt

Good first week, I look fowards to seeing more :) I really like number one and the other one with the tesla, lovely colours.

Good first week, I look fowards to seeing more :) I really like number one and the other one with the tesla, lovely colours.

Thanks, weather has been pretty rubbish here so stuck inside trying to find something to photograph! It aint easy!!

Great Tesla shot - was it difficult to get or not?
Also love the DoF on Day 8 - perhaps would have liked the words to fill the frame slightly more (i have to quint to read it)

Overall a great start - good luck with the project

Matt

Good to see the challenge still progressing, I like day 6 (y) and there are some interesting titles in that line up :D

Matt
Yes it not going to bad actually, i have been thinking of a few ideas and writing them down at random times of the day/night. Keeps me on my toes :LOL:

Day 4 looks like it was fun. Had a few late night will I make it shots myself.

Madagascar obviously the best one in that lineup (y)
It was a fun day indeed :D YES, you are right about the film.
"Remember, cute and cuddly, boys. Cute and cuddly."

Great Tesla shot - was it difficult to get or not?
Also love the DoF on Day 8 - perhaps would have liked the words to fill the frame slightly more (i have to quint to read it)

Overall a great start - good luck with the project

Matt
No, it was quite an easy one, as it was all being redirected through a piece of metal coathanger, and the sparks were being controlled by the user, i could just focus the camera and choose how many sparks i wanted for the photo.

This is my first attempt at an Orb, it will not be my last :) Weather is rubbish here just now, so once the good weather comes i shall be out with it/them , i will be making some other colours too .. Blue, White, Purple , Green , Pink , Red .... its a long list! will be fun!! :D

Day 10

10/365 by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

A nice night time panorama (y) l did one recently a full 360 degrees at Lytham St. Anne's :D and that orb is great especially considering that it's a first attempt (y) I look forward to more (y)

From the night time pano, why do you have a green light on the corner of the house :thinking:

Matt

A nice night time panorama (y) l did one recently a full 360 degrees at Lytham St. Anne's :D and that orb is great especially considering that it's a first attempt (y) I look forward to more (y)

From the night time pano, why do you have a green light on the corner of the house :thinking:

Matt

Thanks Matt, The green light is actually just from my laser pen, i quite like the effect, although the colour stands out a bit much, you can also see the Laser pointing at some stars up near the top right if you look closely, the camera captures more than you think it would.

I have another Orb shot im just about to post, it is great fun! :D

Thanks Matt, The green light is actually just from my laser pen, i quite like the effect, although the colour stands out a bit much, you can also see the Laser pointing at some stars up near the top right if you look closely, the camera captures more than you think it would.

I have another Orb shot im just about to post, it is great fun! :D

Well that's a great use of laser I have one that I'm planning to use soon just need to sort the power out for it (y)

That most recent pair of orbs are really great too (y) your at danger of becoming a night artist like many of us on here :LOL:

Matt

Well that's a great use of laser I have one that I'm planning to use soon just need to sort the power out for it (y)

That most recent pair of orbs are really great too (y) your at danger of becoming a night artist like many of us on here :LOL:

Matt

I just got a cheap Laser pen of Ebay, it is pretty bright for its Spec though.

Thanks, i always seem to go a wee bit high with 2-3 rotations when doing the orb, it annoying!!! il keep practising :D I have a huge amount of land to play with here in the Outer Hebrides ... Its going to be fun, i already do some steel wool spinning :) It is addictive!

Orbing looks quite smart. Much prefer the outdoor shot of it. Well done on the challenge so far. (and trust me, I am finding it a challenge)

Orbing looks quite smart. Much prefer the outdoor shot of it. Well done on the challenge so far. (and trust me, I am finding it a challenge)

The first couple of days i was finding it hard, but now im writing down ideas all the time for photos i want to try and do soon. i will run out of them though :LOL:

Good start to the challenge with more than a few really good photos. Liking the orbs, may have to make myself a quick kit for those times when inspiration is lacking :)

Yes, you should definitely should get an Orb together, I have so many ideas for places i want to do them, once i start getting them all looking a little bit better(Perfect). I may be some time...

Day 12 is cute :)
:love:

A nice idea with Day 12 and the focus is well and truly spot on (y) with a lovely DoF

Matt

Thanks Matt, it took me long enough to get a shot with it in focus like that. :bang:

Day 15 - Took some photo of the memory cards for an idea, but turned out quite rubbish, then i forgot to get a better photo. DOH.

15/365 The Good the Bad and the Ugly by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

Day 16 - Deadly Sea = My bed.

16/365 Perfect Storm by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

Day 17 - Nothing. I was too busy looking at other people 365's i completely forgot about my own, it was 12.20am when i looked at the time even though it is in the bottom right corner of my screen :bang: ANYWAY.

Day 18 - On the way home from work, to Sollas :D

18/365 Going Home by RuairidhSollas, on Flickr

Back