My first attempt at elevated pole photography.

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 6m carbon fibre pole that I use for car rig shots and I also have been doing quite a bit of real estate photography.

The other day it just popped into my head why don't I use the pole vertically and get some different perspective of shots for the exterior photos of the houses.

Googled it and turns out elevated pole photography is quite popular so I decided to have a go myself. I used all my rig equipment, mounted the camera, extended the pole to 6m and snapped away.

Here was the shot at eye level...

DSC00669 by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

and then at 6m...

DSC00670 by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

Don't know why I didn't do this before. Going to practice at it and hopefully incorporate it into the shots I use for the house shoots.

Sammy

I really like this,what a difference it has made to the shot must try something similar...

Good work Sammy. Now you just need to figure a way to hold it steady to do a long exposure so you can make the most of some dramatic clouds should the chance arrive.

Nice clean images, well done mate. :)

That's a clever idea, I look forward to seeing more of these :)

Certainly adds a more 3d depth to the shot, only thing I'd be wary of when taking property shots for an estate agents is the second shot looks more cluttered as it includes 'more'. For example drain covers in road and houses behind that weren't there before.

Back