My first attempt at Macro with Flower

Name
Wendy
Edit My Images
Yes
No where as good as lots on here, but there are parts I like on it. Have put it into photobucket and did one lot of sharpening as it does loose it in there. I have it in flickr to but not sure how to post the link

Anyhows, what are your thoughts?

Pinkflowercrop.jpg

Number two out of the ones I took
pinkflowercrop2.jpg

Last edited:
I really need to get myself a dedicated macro, can be hard going with extention tubes.

Hey Robbo, number 1:
Exposure: 1
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Number 2:
Exposure: 1
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Flash: On, Fired

Nice shots Wendy, I would darken down the top left corner on the first though, second shot is very nice.

Lee I have them too and use them with my other lens may try them with this one too :)

I think the second is the best of the two, seems to be alot more parts in focus than the first.

seems to be a bit of grain but with ISO 200 it must be through the sharpening process?

I hate the downsizing of pics etc :-( some times my colours change to its a right pain!

Robbo they are on Flickr, may look different on there. John, I really do like it, took some people shots with it too and its does a nice portrait too. Ste, I will try that tomorrow :) thanks

Alstroemerias Breezy, got to love an excuse to by flowers for myself lol

Hehehehe as a florist I should have known:bonk: and I agree a girl needs her flowers(y)

Good job Wendy. I like them...

To post from Flickr

Click on the image you want to post
Select all sizes from above the image
Select the size of image you want to post and click
now scroll down and you will see Grab the photo's URL: copy and past that into the insert image box on here.

Simples :)

Robbo as a single I am left to purchase own flowers *sigh* lol
Thank you Edsport
Breezy, I checked the packaging lol
Karl, thank you :)

The first one doesn't do anything for me, because (for me) all the wrong bits are in focus - but the second is fine.

Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket but both pics seem to be slightly OOF and also have slight blur.

That's the problem working at extreme close up - the slightest movement will be magnified.

Having said that I can't claim to be brilliant either as I only get about 10% keepers when shooting macro.

But Macro photography is extremely addictive - so welcome to the addicts!

Back