My first attempt at sport photography.

Edit My Images
Yes
I went along to my local rugby club, and took some pictures that went down quite well with the players.

20080302_beckenham_0451.jpg

20080302_beckenham_0146.jpg

20080302_beckenham_0148.jpg

The deep joy of smateur sport. More character than pro-sport if you ask me. Excellent.

Greaet shots really like these, hard for me to pick a fav. Like what you've done with number 1, shows something a little different. Were 2 and 3 taken in the same movement (rugby move that is) i.e did number 5 get his man or were they two different tackles? I just like it when rugby shots tell a story or leave me wondering what happens next. Well done great shots!!(y)

It was all in one phase! I have more pictures of the origianl break, followed by the ensuing ruck. I'll post them as a series later.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm back there to take more pictures tomorrow....in the rain! :(

I spy Beckenham v Maidstone there?

I'm with Vigo :D And I'll be thinking of you while I'm also in the rain tomorrow afternoon. Our 1's have got a league game against Sheppey, could win the league tomorrow (if Medway lose their game :D )

Good shots by the way, I like the first one, as has been said before, it's different and not your usual standard rugby shot. (y)

I play a bit of sport competitively and also dabble taking shots sometimes of tennis. I think you have three great shots here with great sharpness and the holy grail of not having a distracting background in amateur sport.

Not surprised at all they went down well.

ps was the player in 3 cited for the high tackle?

Back