Critique My first attempt at waterfalls

I rarely shoot landscapes, I'm more of a people photographer :)

Last edited:
I like the low perspective, for me that works well and you did a good job (y)

I think its a very good image. However I think that there needs to be more of a foreground interest. Perhaps try sticking some wellies on and moving forward a metre or two and keeping the same camera angle and perspective to get those rocks in the very bottom of the image, and enlarging the waterfall.

:agree: just don't fall over could be expensive. Think its a very good shot, try cropping so the stones at the front are further forward to give you an idea.:plus1:

:agree: just don't fall over could be expensive. Think its a very good shot, try cropping so the stones at the front are further forward to give you an idea.:plus1:

I've done that before. £1500 worth of camera....glug glug glug glug glug. Thank god for insurance!

I take on board what you are saying and will look to crop the image, re getting closer to the waterfall, it was difficult enough getting to the position I took this from, the river was low (thankfully) but the exposed rocks were like glass :-(

We're not too far from you if you ever wanted to join us for a walkabout shoot sometime.

I re getting closer to the waterfall, it was difficult enough getting to the position I took this from, the river was low (thankfully) but the exposed rocks were like glass :-(

Longer lens ! or a pair of wellies/waders

Sounds good twhite87 let me know when and where and I'll see if I can make it :)

Back