my first attempts...

Edit My Images
Yes
These are three of the better frames I have taken over the last 3 months. Just wonder is anyone could give me any feedback on how to improve them.

I'm currently trying to get to grips with getting the white balance right in my frames although these ones don't seem to bad but i'm still very much a beginner so any advice is welcome!

Cheers.

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

last ones a cracker. first is a bit to crowded for my eye and the second one could be good with a little ps.

#1 - as pbh said, a bit busy maybe, but colours look good, not too saturated, nice effort

#2 - looks like the sky has washed out in capturing details in the land areas, perhaps a bit of post-processing work to make the sky a bit more colourful and dramatic?

#3 - I like this a lot, the only thing I would suggest would be to clone out the person chopped in half at the bottom of the frame so the eye isnt dragged to that, it will allow the eye to wander from the person on the right and on into the picture.

All, told, not bad efforts at all, keep it up. (y)

whoa, the image police will be around shortly :bat: these break the 800px limit :p

Nice shots by the way, but agree #1 is a bit too busy.

the first one doesn't work for me, I think as PBH said its the fact that it is too busy and in my opinion I feel that the branches in the forground are distracting me from looking at what is in the background.

For me, I like #2 I like the composition of the image.

keep up the good work (y)

Hi :)

Hope you don't mind, But I had a play with the second image. Applied a contrast mask with gaussian blur set to 25 pixels.

DSC_0289copy.jpg

Brings out alot of detail :)

Cheers for the positive feedback!

Lady Pitstop - this is only 30 miles or so further down the coast from Duckpool.

Woodsy 2k - great job on the image! I should have probably had a go myself too but not too sure what I'm doing on Photoshop yet.

And apologies all for the extra large images - I read the bit about the image size after, sorry!

:) Contrast masks are really easy to do. When you open the image in photoshop, Hit ctrl+j to create new layer from background, then Image/adjustments/desaturate. Then go Image/Adjustments/Invert. Lastly, go Filter/Blur/Gaussian Blur and select and pixel width. Lastly, on the right where thr new layer properties are, click the drop down menu and select overlay to see the final result. Best have a play with different widths and Bluring, but I find this one works the best :). Also with practice, you'll get used to the keyboard shortcuts as well, making it even faster :)

Back