My first bash at 'oil on water'

chris321

I like the ginger one
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Having seen a few of these shots, and been pointed in the direction of how to do it by Carl ('CReid' on here, whose threads I'm deliberately not linking to as they're much better than mine :razz: :D ).

So anyway, here re my first attempts! There are a few issues I know, I didn't set the ISO, so it decided to go for something pretty high, hence the grain, I used a horrible cheap glass container which made that mottled type effect, and the camera wasn't quite perpendicular to the water surface, so not all of the droplets are in focus, but as I said, it's only a first go! Advice, comments, criticism etc all welcome!

Chris

Thanks to both of you! The more I look at them the more I like the second, and the less I like the first.... :D

#1 looks a bit squashed but #2 is spot on mate, you've got it pretty nailed and I love the muted tones. What I especially love is that everybody produces a slightly different result, no two shots ever look the same. Keep up the great work (y)

Carl

Hey Carl - any chance of pointing me in the right direction? - not tried these yet, but love them....

Back