My first BIF

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay, so compared with all you birders it is a crap image, but it is genuinely my first deliberate BIF image in over 30 years of photography.

My wife and I went out for lunch and I took the 1D3 and 200L f2.8 II out with us just to give the lens a trial. The weather was not to great after lunch but I took a few long portraits and a couple of landscape type shots then I saw this solitary Seagull flying around overhead but a bit further away than I would have liked. I took a couple of shots on single frame, single shot AF just to see how the AF would cope with the small spec in the sky. On getting home I was really quite pleased with the result. Okay, in future I would have the 300 f2.8 on and the bird would be a bit closer, but I was happy what I got with what I had.

Original image, no crop. 0.6 @ 100% USM

BIF.jpg

100% crop

Birdie100.jpg

BIF, bird in focus?

It is, sorry I couldn't resist it!

:LOL:

Hey Ed it only has one wing so how comes it is flying :LOL: Nice one Mate ;)

Good effort Ed (y) and for a 30yr old Gull he looks in tip top condition :thinking:

My only crit is that you have mentioned you took Mrs Bray out for dinner. You must put a stop to this practise fourthwith, cant you see she is making a drain on your resources? which could be put towards a far more worthy cause, no need to go into detail at this point ;) the less Mrs Bray knows the better :naughty::naughty: Just explain to her what with the economic situation blah! blah! cut backs have to be made.

Ps Let me know the outcome :puke:

Good effort Ed (y) and for a 30yr old Gull he looks in tip top condition :thinking:

My only crit is that you have mentioned you took Mrs Bray out for dinner. You must put a stop to this practise fourthwith, cant you see she is making a drain on your resources? which could be put towards a far more worthy cause, no need to go into detail at this point ;) the less Mrs Bray knows the better :naughty::naughty: Just explain to her what with the economic situation blah! blah! cut backs have to be made.

Ps Let me know the outcome :puke:

Well she approved my purchases of a 24L TSE and a 35L and some of Lencartas cheap lights yesterday. so to be honest I think it was £25 well spent.

Back