My first bird pics

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
Title says it all. Never really tried to snap any birds out in the wild properly but had a wander around on Sunday and got these. My favourite is probably the nuthatch but they're not bad for a first go with a relatively short lens (200mm - longest i have) but they were quite close.

Birds_105.jpg

Birds_074.jpg

Birds_096.jpg

Birds_042.jpg

Last edited:
They seem slightly over saturated on my monitor but apart from that, a very nice set in which I agree, the nuthatch takes 1st place (y)

They look just fine on both my monitors!
Cracking set for me, wish they were mine!! (y)

These are fantastic first photos! When you say 'wander,' were you out in the open or a hide? Either way it's very impressive with only a 200mm lens :)

they look great to me too...i'd be well pleased if i'd taken those

These are fantastic first photos! When you say 'wander,' were you out in the open or a hide? Either way it's very impressive with only a 200mm lens :)

That begs the question, WHICH 200mm lens?? :shrug:

Wow, quick reactions in this section.

Yes, was walking around Cannock Chase yesterday with a mate where we happened upon a nice log or two with quite a bit of activity. All handheld with my 70-200mm lens but managed to get quite close so haven't needed to crop too much into these. The trick i found early on was getting a shutter speed around or above 1/200. Quite happy with them though the woodpecker caught us unawares and this one was the best of only a few taken.

Regarding the saturation, i've noticed that hosting straight from photobucket always seem to add a bit. I have given them a bit of poke in PS but maybe they are a little more saturated than they should be.

I'm ashamed to say i'm not sure what the first one is and the last is either a marsh or willow tit (always get confused which is which).

And the first is a Great Tit!

I'm ashamed to say i'm not sure what the first one is and the last is either a marsh or willow tit (always get confused which is which).

1st is a Great Tit and the last one is a Coal tit . Nice set of first photos(y)Cannock Chase is a lovely place :)

Hi Kris and a lovely set to start with (y) For a surprise visit the woodie turned out really good, look forward to seeing some more from you now :D

Thanks all. I haven't really got the lens to do this sort of stuff justice i just happened to get a bit lucky when they were tame for a while until they wised up and were a bit sporadic. Here's a few more from the day

Birds_046.jpg

Birds_104.jpg

Birds_120.jpg

Birds_130.jpg

Last edited:
Just brilliant images, I wish I could get shots like this and I have been trying for quite a while....

(y)

I've resized that last image and uploaded again to host, copied the new link and still it's slightly over, not sure why?

Liam, just had a quick look at your flickr some of those shots are awesome really like the red kite and the misty lake.

Last edited:
Excellent, especially the woodpecker and robin, I hope I get some photos this good this year :)

Fantastic Capures I really Like No.1 No.2 And No.4 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Back