My First Birds....

Edit My Images
No
Right, this morning I was sat in a tent about 3-5 meters away from a log I've been seeding with, er, seed.

These are the results of 3 hours sitting in a tent. :) I know I've probably got too much seed in the pictures...

4429576608_f01e5ab683.jpg

4429578326_f1269f5dc0.jpg

4429581218_779850451d.jpg

4429579798_914a366c1e.jpg

4429583312_17ea5dfef0.jpg

Some nice shots, personally i would have removed the "twig" in number 2, physically or digitally.

The Robin pic in the first post is my personal favourite :D.

Wow, you were busy and if they are your first bird shots then we will all be in for a real feast very soon. They are very good but I would like to see them at the forum limit of 800px. Well done and keep at it.

That's a very nice set and it looks like your efforts have been well rewarded. I agree about the size though. It would be great to see them a bit larger. I don't use Flickr myself, but what would be the result if you resized them to 800x533 before uploading to Flickr? I assume then that you could provide links to the "originals" as far as Flickr was concerned, even though the "originals" would then only be 800x533 in size.

Not by me. I have unlimited bandwidth :) (yes, the real kind, not that stupid "fair use" crap)

Great shots - were these taken with the Tamron 70-300?

Last edited:
Set up a photobucket account that will auto resize to 800 on the longest size when set to 800x600, perfick for posting pictures here :)

Hi, Im new to the forum. Just checking out your pic's, there great! Where was your location?

Set up a photobucket account that will auto resize to 800 on the longest size when set to 800x600, perfick for posting pictures here :)
Would you really want your hosting site doing your resizing, and Christ knows what else (including recompression) to your images? I wouldn't. Why not upload the image as you want people to see it, no more, no less. Make sure the hosting site does not alter them for you.

Last edited:
Would you really want your hosting site doing your resizing, and Christ knows what else (including recompression) to your images? I wouldn't. Why not upload the image as you want people to see it, no more, no less. Make sure the hosting site does not alter them for you.

Fair point, it would also allow you do that, i assume, if you have already resized them?

Last edited:
Back