My first boyish pics!

Edit My Images
Yes
Weeeeell, took kell out for her christmas pressie today. Off to Castle Coombe circuit for some learnin of how to drive sports cars properly round a circuit.....

This is the first time I've attempted any sort of motorsport pictures. Normaly, if it moves, I don't like to take it's picture!

I'd like to know what all you petrol heads think of my efforts!

DSC_3256-01.jpg

DSC_3286-01.jpg

DSC_3304-01.jpg

DSC_3383-01.jpg

DSC_3410-01.jpg

DSC_3196-01.jpg

DSC_3331-01.jpg

DSC_3384-01.jpg

DSC_3166-01.jpg

DSC_3275-01.jpg

very cool...might like to change the thread title though as the short version says 'done my first boy'

ummm, you might also want to move it to the right part of the forum too.

Look, I'm really tired and being a bit stoopid. k?

Sorry :(

That's your first attempt(y) :clap: :notworthy: . Please tell me you took lots of rubbish ones too. I'd love my shots to come out that good.
I personally like the return to pitlane shot with the sun trying to break through the clouds.

Nice set.

I'll even forgive you for all those odd angles :)

ummm, well. That's another story. Filled a 2gb memory card with raw shot's in the space of 5 hours. Got about 45 keepers of the missus and maybe 20 or 30 more of other people whilst I was 'practising' between her drives. so maybe 25% hit rate?

The Nikon 70-300g is an ok ish lens, but only 5.6 at full stretch. Just colour contrast is low, wish I'd used the polariser as a lot of shots were ruined by highlight reflections blowing out.

As it was a racing school day we were allowed anywhere apart from the pitlane proper and the place was quiet so I could pretty much pick where I wanted to stand.

Mostly just remembered what somebody (CT?) had said in a little graphical tutorial on here about panning.

BTW, if anybody here who shoots m/sport wants to make some money, these kind of things would be a gold mine. There was an official 'tog there who was charging £30 for an A3 shot and £20 for A4. I was approached by quite a few people asking me if they could have any shots of their partners. It would be fairly easy to set up a photobox gallery and just get peoples email addy's and sell them later. Whish I'd done some planning now!

Thanks for the feedback guys/gals. Arty eh marianne? :)

Not tried any 'moving' shots myself yet!

No2 stands out for me as does no6 & 8. I think the last is fa ab one of Kelly but, the angled crop is a bit too severe for me ... thats Jmho ... and what do I know, I probably wouldnt have a keeper out of the whole lot.

Hope Kelly enjoyed the day, certainly looks like she did!

thanks 'glo. She certainly did. Although she did whinge that the elise was too hard to drive as it had no power steering or servo assisted brakes, which is unlike kell as she is normally double hard lol.

The actual shooting wasn't that hard really, I can see how m/s fans get through about 8Gb of files in a day though. It was just a case of stick it on shutter priority and practise the whole panning thing. The autofocus on the d70 is brilliant at tracking moving objects I've found, even with a basic non-afs lens.

Go and have a try somewhere! At Castle Coombe on the racing school days it's free to get in and you can get pretty much anywhere so cheap as chips too!

Back