my first ever pics!!!

Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok firstly!!! this is the first time ive ever taken pics of the cars (the one in the pic is one of two starlets we own).
Please see my newbie thread to understand where im coming from......

anyways first time with the camera all shot on the auto mode of the camera i have yet to learn how to play with the settings on it! hopefully this site will help. Was just experimenting how the car works with backgrounds. I know it doesnt compare to the quality of pics on the site (which are damm right amazing) but im here to listen to constructive critism

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

thankyou for taking the time to look :)

I like a lot of those pictures.
Most of them would benefit from some post processing, the first picture seems a little dark down the side of the car, and several of the others seem to have colour casts.
1 & 6 are probably my favourites. Definitely a good start.

i'm not really an expert on shooting static cars (but we do have some very talented people in that field on this forum). But I would say that the weather wasnt really kind to you. Looks like a very dull day. Unfortunately shot number 7 looks like it was taken by accident. but i can see what you were trying to do.

thankyou nutter - its my starting point so glad to know there worth more than deleting off the hard drive.

badgerbaitor - living in the uk the weather is never that good but a dull sky was good for a startin point as supposedly give an even light? rather than me wrongly have taken a pic with the light in the wrong place to be among the other probs with the pictures.

robbys82 -- will do! i know its wrong to chop the object but i liked the background as well as the car.

thanku for your comments :)

Cool Car!

I find Jap cars, expecially Tuned ones look better in urban surroundings, somewhere with metal and graffiti.

deffo good for your first attempt, as mentioned before the weather wasnt on your side!

Now get that camera set to M and have a good old play!

(y)

I like 6 but on the whole I don't really get the wacky horizons. I quite like 1

A good tip for car photos is unless you're shooting the car side on, is to put an armful of steering lock on, either showing a bit of tyre, or a bit of wheel.

I know you from the Starlet website (I was on there as toyotasera.co.uk - but since retired from that site)

Something funny going on with the skies - very pixellated.

I agree i like 6 the most, the ground at the front really makes the photo more intresting

dizzledazzle --- yeh i love jap cars too this is a lil beastie! yeh i know what you mean about surroundings but everyone seems to go for wharehouse and graffti etc plus im not good with the camera in dark surrounding's i have soooo much to learn.

andrewc - hiya andrew, yeh ive since learnt about showing the rim and not the tyre! ive been reading soooo many tutorials of car photopraghers! i will remember next time :)

400duser - thankyou i like that one too :)

I quite like some of those pictures, but I think you would benefit from taking your photos from lower angles, it makes the car look more imposing, as with them being at eye height there not drawing enough attention to your car.... just my opinion though ;)

I quite like some of those pictures, but I think you would benefit from taking your photos from lower angles, it makes the car look more imposing, as with them being at eye height there not drawing enough attention to your car.... just my opinion though ;)

thankyou for your opinion sean i will remember your advice :)

No. 1 for me

Nice little pocket rocket :) judging by the tyres I'd say it get "used" as well as being photgraphed??? :)

well spotted ! yeh the semi slicks are brill but only in the dry :)

That's a very good starting set. You are clearly thinking about composition, considering the angles and so on - here's hoping for some more interesting light next time (y)

Oh, and curse my manners - welcome to TP :wave:

thankyou marky_h, interesting light? i live in northwest so fingers crossed!! lol !

took the other gt out!! but the location i wanted same as other pics (with lakes in background) was un usable due to sun position! doh:bang:

so managed to try up close on....
(i remembered to turn wheel, but yes i know the shadow shouldnt be there but again i did a wasted journey forgettin to think about the time of day and sun etc)

DSCF0018.jpg

this one..........

light is poo and i forgot to turn the wheel

DSCF0004.jpg

but the one i love is this one where i was testing the aperature........

DSCF0007.jpg

the lowest aperature my camera will do is 2.8 thats what it was done on.

anyway im learning:clap:

Nice!

Id love a Starlet (gt one of course)

As you are finding, the best way of learning is by experimenting, as long as YOU are happy with the shots, nothing else matters.

The F/2.8 is set by the lens and not the camera also btw!

(y)

Some nice ones but some suffer from bad colour cast you can correct that in photoshop I can if you want :)

Some nice ones but some suffer from bad colour cast you can correct that in photoshop I can if you want :)

if you wouldnt mind showing me one of my pics edited in photoshop so i can see the difference it would be very appreciated :)

dscf01052nk2.jpg

dsc0075055rr3.jpg

all I did was ajustments>auto levels>auto contrast>auto color :) put em side by side to compare

Nicely done Kelly , keep at it :D...

Btw off topic , you look like the girl who came round our place last night for that spiritual reading :)

It's been said before in the thread but I think you really need to get yourself down to the same level as the car and try and make it fill the scene a bit more. Photos always seem to look better if you take them from a hight that isn't the same as eye level.

Nicely done Kelly , keep at it :D...

Btw off topic , you look like the girl who came round our place last night for that spiritual reading :)

i must have a double then!! you do readings then? i've had quite a few readings in the last year or so! :)

It's been said before in the thread but I think you really need to get yourself down to the same level as the car and try and make it fill the scene a bit more. Photos always seem to look better if you take them from a hight that isn't the same as eye level.

will bear that in mind next time thanx :) i just wanted to get the background in on that last pic :)

Hi there :)

I saved some of your images and did a little PP in photoshop, and the came out nicely.

Nice location to choose for the images I must say, angles are all interesting, but I think it's been mentioned somewhere about the level you shoot at, maybe get on one knee, helps even more with getting the good shots ;)

Dan

Back