My first front cover!

Takes me back to my early days (1955 to 57) as a photographic student, when Martin Cathy was amongst my group of young friends that lived in the Hampstead, Belize park and Chalk Farm area of north west London.
He played as an amateur in a number of local coffee shops including the Witches Cauldron and the Loft. At that stage he was still very much an amateur, learning his trade by teaching himself mostly American country music off records.

Great stuff Graham :D

Enjoy your success and bask in the limelight, success and recognition :D

Congratulations:)

Congratulations Graham!

Nice to see Dave Greenslade's name up there. Saw him in concert a few times in the 70's.

Well done that man

Takes me back to my early days (1955 to 57) as a photographic student, when Martin Cathy was amongst my group of young friends that lived in the Hampstead, Belize park and Chalk Farm area of north west London.
He played as an amateur in a number of local coffee shops including the Witches Cauldron and the Loft. At that stage he was still very much an amateur, learning his trade by teaching himself mostly American country music off records.
Had a pic of his daughter in this months issue. :) Scan2023-04-29_100948 (2).jpg

Great! Always nice to see your own images recognised like that.

(looking at that list I see Tide Lines, seen them a couple of times)

My father was in his early 20s living in Belsize Park at the same time, just after he moved to London from Liverpool, although he was much more of a trad jazz aficionado than folk

My father was in his early 20s living in Belsize Park at the same time, just after he moved to London from Liverpool, although he was much more of a trad jazz aficionado than folk
I even got tickets to see Louis Armstrong at Wembley when he came over.
Was also at private parties where aka bilk, the temperance seven and Chris barber played as guests.
It was a great time... Was also introduced to the world of flamenco by my Spanish girl friend.

I had a photo of a racoon show up in Varmint Hunter years ago, I was surprised they used it, a first time for me. Then the first reader photo in Shutterbugs "Talking Pictures" Is also mine, the Jan 2002 issue, boy did that swell my head. And took it with the least expensive camera I owned, Yashica 635 twin lens shot off a tripod. In fact learned something with that shot. Took two shots to make sure I got it and from the time I took the first and wound the film and took the second the sun came out and there was a world of difference in the two. Second was best by a long shot.

Last edited:
If I might be permited to blow my own trumpet. I have just had my first front cover for RnR magazine.
I have been supplying them with live shots for several years now (80 odd published pics) and it's the first time a "Live" shot has been used on the cover. :banana:

View attachment 387799
Well done. (y)

Back