My first go at people

N

nutter426

Hey,
So i'm trying to work out if I'm any good at shooting people before I shell out on a studio (and maybe a model).
I learnt quite quick I'm not very good at directing, but managed to get some shots of the 2 ladies just sat around, and looking for some comments.
These are my favourites
IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

I know the flash has hit the TV, but the composition was meant to add context. Here is a crop to a portrait shape.

IMG_0624edit1.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

I think you fell foul of not planning what you wanted to get from the shoot beyond some people shots. If you don't have a specific goal then that will be reflected in your shots. If you aim for a particular look, feel or mood then you will be able to direct things towards that.

I guess that makes sense. Sometimes ideas are my weak point. Maybe I should stick to buildings, animals and landscapes.

I wouldn't give up that easily. Naturally it's a lot easier to shoot what's just there, just seeing the shot and taking it. Perhaps it might be worth starting with a location that's worthy of shooting on its own and then adding some people into the mix as part of the location to get you thinking along the right lines.

(y)
i agree about panning your shoot.. dont give up yet..

why not try and mix the two.. try to get someone to lean up aginst a fence/ building and then you have the op to do both..

md(y)

Back