My first go...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
...at light trails.

I didn't really plan on doing any but light fell faster than I realised. So gave it a go as a few cars went past.

I'm not sure if I like the composition tbh, I think the trails needed to be further into frame.

Anyway, taken at the side of Ladybower in the Peaks.

A light trail next to Ladybower by rob_mank, on Flickr

C&C More than welcome.

Thanks for looking :)

Noticed the hot pixel bottom right, could clone that out. But nice shot.

That's a find first effort at a light trail, street level are always a little hard as it's a fine balance between the head and tail lights (y) you pick your location well as the clouds are being blown towards you making a nice effect (y)

I look forward to seeing some more efforts along these lines (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Your right about the comp .... although maybe if the water was lit by moon light it could work more, balance wise anyway. (y)

Thanks, yea I think it would have been better if I had some moonlight on the water! :)

That's a find first effort at a light trail, street level are always a little hard as it's a fine balance between the head and tail lights (y) you pick your location well as the clouds are being blown towards you making a nice effect (y)

I look forward to seeing some more efforts along these lines (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt.

Yea, I thought I'd give it ago. I suppose sometimes you dont know if it will or not until you take the shot!

I did get another composition but its in black and white because i wanted it brighter than it was in camera! :LOL:

Also used a flash gun to get some light on the wall before the car came around the corner:

Light Trail B&W - Ladybower by rob_mank, on Flickr

Back