My first HDR

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
No
Morning all. I woke up extra early today in the hopes to catch a misty sunrise but was hugely disappointed when no sun appeared!!
So anyway i managed to get a nice shot of the local lake then tried my first ever HDR render. I know its not perfect but I'm happy with it for my first attempt! I'm still learning photoshop so its not bad (In my eyes anyway)

HDR Lake by xSammyc85x, on Flickr

Lacks sky for me and theres a halo around the trees. What program are you using to produce HDR images? If its photoshop it might be worth using photomatix for HDRs.

Sadly this hasn't worked Samantha, it has none of the benefits of HDR like richness of colour and tonal range but has the negative of heavy haloing around the skyline and the waters edges.
What processing software did you use?
Don't be discouraged though as HDR can be tricky to get right.

I just used photoshop 6. It was a first try, I'm not 100% sure on how to perfect it but I'll work on it and will come back with more, clearer hdr photos in the future.
yeah the sky was poor this morning, not a cloud in sight just pure mist so I agree it does lack that sense of sky. I am not sure how to remove halos around the trees yet. May have a look at that software, thank you

Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR are good options, Photoshop can be very hit and miss.

At first glance I thought not a bad shot but then I realised it doesn't quite work as an HDR scene, but don't be despondent, at another time of day it may have worked well , it may well convert to monochrome have you tried it?

I have included this link http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/index.html#video as a lot of the knowledge is free hope it helps.

Sammy, I had 10 mins playing around with this shot before I took the dog for a walk, converted it to sepia,not at all bad, then had a play using AC-DC got rid of the blue tinge darkened the sky a bit then tone curves was pleased with the result on my widescreen it looked well ,the pic itself is good its just the HDR interpretation doesn't quite work ,I would play around with the original shot if you still have it

Back