My first in this category - please comment.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't do buildings or people, so please tell me what is wrong with this shot. Taken last night while out star gazing.

Kellington Church by StuartJPP, on Flickr​

Last edited:
My initial thought is that there is too much dark foreground, crop most of that and it would improve it IMO.

^ i agree with a little bottom crop and quite like the photo

I'm no expert, but I agree with Gramps - the foreground is too dark and it distracts from the rest of the image. I like the sky and the church though

I like the shot and have to agree with gramps. A crop along the bottom removing the dark foreground will I believe strengthen not only the composition but also the brightness of the shot.

My initial thought is that there is too much dark foreground, crop most of that and it would improve it IMO.

^ i agree with a little bottom crop and quite like the photo

I'm no expert, but I agree with Gramps - the foreground is too dark and it distracts from the rest of the image. I like the sky and the church though

:plus1:

Nice stars too...

I'm to opposite of you; people scare me lol... but really like how you've done this!
Long exposure at twilight?

It was supposed to be pitch dark...that is light pollution for you.

I like the shot and have to agree with gramps. A crop along the bottom removing the dark foreground will I believe strengthen not only the composition but also the brightness of the shot.

It is fairly unanimous then...crop some off the bottom...which I have just done, sorry but I have replaced the original.

Thanks for commenting everyone :wave:

Last edited:
Back