My first Kingfisher, Blown away

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Well was up at Blashford Lakes yesterday and was having a fun day with a few birds putting in appearances, spent some time waiting in one of the hides and was rewarded with a Kingfisher perching on a dead tree just in front of me. he came back three times which was just as well as getting the exposure was so difficult with the bright water as a background, anyway these are some of the shots and I was pleased with the results, but a lot were binned, anyway would appreciate any thoughts
doc

86d0754f.jpg

0a15547f.jpg

fb03d451.jpg

0f280d50.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent captures David , these are superb and you should be very please with them
Cheers
Andy

A great set (y) Especially as they're your first!

The third and fourth win it for me! The third just has great detail with the water beads. And I like the composition on the fourth!

Blimey, they are awesome shots. I would love to take pics llike that! Well done you

Well congrat`s to you David :clap: You have some lovely images there (y)

Lovely set (y) and I like Scotts edit

Hey they are fantastic mate :clap:
I'm jealous!!

By chance, do you mean Blashford Lakes?
If so, I know what hide you were in, and have spent HOURS in there, and seen a big fat NOTHING :crying:

Hi Andy, yes it was Blashford, I spent 7 hours there on monday, guess I was just lucky

Hi Andy, yes it was Blashford, I spent 7 hours there on monday, guess I was just lucky

Fair play to you!
I know the hide you were in, can't think what it's called :nuts:

Again, stunning pictures, you lucky so and so!!
Well done ;)

Really good set with a difficult background to work with

Oh wow, thought they got better as I scrolled down, number 4 my fav but all very good. Well done!

Excellent set! Does the lack of a 'c' in your location indicate how much you've spent to achieve this great outcome?!

Congratulations.no3 is a cracker,sleepless nights to follow,Kingfisheritus sets in quickly

All to true.:LOL:

Super set David. #3for me.(y)

If this is your first try, then I look forward to what you can do with a bit of pratice.;)

Dont worry about the binned shots, it goes with the territory.

brilliant set :)

no 3 is beautiful, great capture and it looks like I'll have to get myself down there soon!
x

All to true.:LOL:

Super set David. #3for me.(y)

If this is your first try, then I look forward to what you can do with a bit of pratice.;)

Dont worry about the binned shots, it goes with the territory.

Thanks, coming from the expert that means a lot, cheers

very nice set, no 3 for me, its a great feeling to see and even better when you get the pic.
hope you dont mind i did a quick dirty edit.
fb03d451.jpg

No problem, I dont have photoshop so just a little PP on my mac was all I was able to do

we were in Ivy south for four hours today and not a sniff..... goosesander however :) Just processing pics :)

David, thanks for the heads up. managed to see a kingfisher 5 times today at blashford and got some nice photos :)

well done just saw your photos, great to see isnt he, I know I spent severn hours waiting for my shots, hopefully we will meet up some time

Great shots David I looks like quite a bit of local interest in this thread, dare I suggest a meet?

If you see someone with a canon 600mm it will probably be me, love to say hello

Back