My first kingfisher of 2009.

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
These are large crops of my first KF this year.

They were taken at Jasons pool, Lackford Lakes.

Using the 50D and 10-400L

Overcast at the time, I'll go back tomorrow and hope for better light.

Canon50D14055.jpg

Canon50D13987.jpg

Canon50D14065.jpg

Thanks for looking, all C&C most welcome :)

Last edited:
Congrats on your "first " Ant
The second one mainly because you seem to have
hit the eye "dead on" (y)
( the others are good also)

Ah so thats where you have been Ant? Nice set (y) Heres hoping the weather picks up for you.

Very nice kingfisher shots, premier league stuff i'd say

vey nice ant - you should be well pleased with these.

Fab shots Anthony, some of the best kingfisher shots Ive seen on TP :clap: #2 my fav

Thanks Dave :)

High praise indeed, but they do lack a lot of detail due to the distance and the poor light.

Congrats on your "first " Ant
The second one mainly because you seem to have
hit the eye "dead on" (y)
( the others are good also)

Thanks Chris :)

I just realised all the ones I took last year were with the Siggy 50-500, so this is also a first for the 100-400L

well done Ant great shots glad you got some

Thank you Karen :) Not as good as some of yours, but I was that pleased it finaly returned.

Ah so thats where you have been Ant? Nice set (y) Heres hoping the weather picks up for you.

Thanks Rich :) It did'nt unfortunatly pick up, in fact it was worse, but I did get a lot more, much better shots.

All lovely Ant, number 2 is gorgeous :clap:

Alison :)

Ta Allison :)

Very nice kingfisher shots, premier league stuff i'd say

Cheers Elvis :)

vey nice ant - you should be well pleased with these.

Thanks Tom :)

I was pleased at the time, being my first this year, untill I went this morning and managed to get a few more. I'll put them on later.

Last edited:
no #2 is fantastic and a nice pose too. Can't wait for the next offering and I'm off to google to see if there are any within 100 miles of where i live :)

no #2 is fantastic and a nice pose too. Can't wait for the next offering and I'm off to google to see if there are any within 100 miles of where i live :)

There is loads a little further south around Manchester :D

Not bad shots Ant! It's been a while since I've seen anything from you! Are you finding yourself still struggling for length though?

Well done mate (y) i've been chasing them my self ;)

Cheers Ken, Best of luck finding them again. (You'll have noticed there's not a hint of turquoise about these Lackford birds, so they don't really count :LOL: )

Thanks John :) I can't wait to show of the lot I got yesterday, a bit of an improvement on these, I got closer. You should find some close to you, I hope :)

There is loads a little further south around Manchester :D

Not bad shots Ant! It's been a while since I've seen anything from you! Are you finding yourself still struggling for length though?

Ta Phil :) Well these were taken at the double decker hide, and as you know the perches are some distance. With my skills that requires good light, and on that day I did'nt get it.
I'm more than happy with the 10-400L thanks :D

I have been taking lots of photos but hav'nt got round to processing them yet.

2 is my favorite but i really like all of these, very well done mate!

Thanks Andy :)

Back