My first landscape shot - be gentle with me (only joking)

Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first landscape shot i have posted (and i've not even taken many as i find it very difficult), but i thought this one was a little different having the tower in the background and the varying colours.

Any thoughts? Boring? Not bad? Just ok ?

2911366013_905fa4a7b9.jpg

Hi, Natalie. I do like the colors and contrast. Composition is OK, too. Congratulations. :)

I'm wondering if a different crop would strengthen the shot overall. The central figure is the large tower, nicely echoed by the smaller one, and finally, by the highline pole. The towers are vertical, of course, but your photo is cropped to emphasize width rather than height.

Just some thoughts...

To be honest I think it would benefit from some strong side lighting say at early morning or late evening. Composition and exposure are okay but the lighting is a bit flat.

You've got good colour/contrast in both ground and sky, which is always a major hurdle to overcome.

Thank you for some C&C
How about this for a slightly different take on it ?

2912690818_82c0c3fb19.jpg

See..I like this version, with the tight crop and the three repetitive elements highlighted. A bit of sharpening might be in order (reducing the size to 800 pixels often results in the loss of some sharpness). Each to their own, though, so others may not feel the same as me...:LOL:

I am no expert in landscapes but your second crop works fine for me too.

I think that the portrait crop makes for a stronger image(y) I also like the contrast of the materials that the towers are made of.

Back