My FIRST Landscape!

Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,

This is my first attempt at a landscape. Taken on Monday or Tuesday night this week. I don't yet have an ND Grad so I took two exposures. It took me freaking ages to mask the two exposures together in Photoshop due to my limited experience...

I decided to play around with the contrast and colour a fair bit as I'm a big fan of stylised work, not that I don't like natural stuff, of course!

Comments & Criticisms most welcomed - I'm a total newbie and need to learn!

3885722790_1d836250a9_o.jpg

UPDATE: Freshly Cropped

3887494756_27504f5b5d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great first attempt!
I'm no expert at landscapes but try not to put the horizon in the centre of the image, have more of the ground or of the sky, whichever works best :)

As squizza has said try not to have your horizon in the centre read up on the rule of thirds, it doesn't always apply but to start out with its a good guide.

With this particular shot the sky looks very interesting top right and the hay pile bottom right is a little distracting, so I would have maybe had more sky in the shot especially with that great capture of the moon you have there.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I've updated my first post - is that what y'all envisaged? Or is the bottom right still too distracting?

Cheers,

Leo

Your shot (now better with the new crop) reminds me of this of mine:
Field Sunset France.jpg

Back